Cupcake Cake

Decorating By summerolivia Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 6:50pm by awolf24

summerolivia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summerolivia Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 7

Can anyone give me directions for making a cupcake cake?

6 replies
cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 7

I would like to know also - see so many wonderful looking CCCs on this site.

Also what is your trick to getting all of the cup cakes the exactly the same height?

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 7

Here's alink to a tutorial that comes up when I do a search...
http://community.webshots.com/album/105830324epGFhn

HTH

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 7

You just arrange the cupcakes in whatever pattern you want them to be on a cake board. They can be the shape of the picture you are doing or they can be just lined up in a rectangle or circle or whatever. You need to put a dot of icing under the outer cupcakes so they don't slide out of position. You then just ice straight over the top of all of them and decorate like a regular cake. You fit the cupcakes together as close as you can, there will be some space between them, you just ice over the top of the space.
My avatar pic is a cupcake cake. I have pictures showing how I lined the cupcakes up for it on my website. This is a link to that page of my website if you want to check it out. The first cake will be a butterfly cupcake cake and below that is the ghost one.

http://www.cakegenie.com/butterfly_cupcake_cake

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 7

well, there is a wilton big cupcake pan (i have it, it's pretty fun and easy) or you can make a layer cake and over fill the layer you're putting on top to make it rounded.

rlicup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlicup Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 7

great tutorial BCJean and reesesob! Thank you! I will be using this for the kid's early halloween party.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 7

I use an ice cream scoop to get as close to the same amount of batter in each cupcake as possible. Then when they come out of the oven, I keep them in the pan to cool and place a clean cookie sheet on top and weight it down with some canned goods to help keep them all the same height. Small differences in height won't make a difference once you ice them anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%