Piroulinne Cookies

Decorating By SpudCake Updated 20 Dec 2006 , 11:27pm by ShirleyW

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know how long the cookies can be on the side of a cake before getting mushy. I have a cake due on Saturday for a Sunday party. Not sure if the cookies will be good or I should just take it to the customer on Sunday after all. Thanks.

Joanne
usaribbon.gif

8 replies
kidscakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 9

I'd also like to know as I have to do one for Sunday also. Would love to be able to put it together on Sat afternoon so I can relax on XMAs eve.
Thanks. Looking forward to hearing.

sk8gr8md Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sk8gr8md Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 9

I did the one in my photos the night before I brought it to work and it was perfectly fine the next day, though it didn't last long so I can't give you any ideas on a longer than 24 hour timespan. Mine was ganache covered, I don't know if it would be any different on buttercream from the grease.

SpudCake Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 9

My cake will be covered in Chocolate Buttercream which is why I wondered if it would make the cookies mushy.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

JulieBugg2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBugg2000 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 9

I did the same kind of cake as the groom's cake for my wedding. I covered in chocolate buttercream to make the cookies adhere and then lined them up around the cake before the icing crusted. I made the cake the afternoon before, and by the time of the wedding reception at 7:30 the next evening they weren't as crisp as they were straight out of the can but they weren't mushy either. They had just lost a little of their crunch.

They still tasted wonderful though, and people actually commented how they liked my groom's cake better than the actual wedding cake that someone else made!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 10:04pm
post #6 of 9

depending on the size of your cake, you may want to reserve that till the last moment. i made one with whipped ganache. i was told that they refrigerated it overnight and the next day the cookies were bendable and soft. i made another with cream cheese buttercream and i imagine that one probably didnt get soft as quick...but i didnt get feedback. anytime you add a crispy element to something moist, most likely it will soften. last night i made a cake with crushed candy cane in the layers of bc filling and by noon today, the candy melted. in my opinion, i wouldnt do it early.

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 9

maybe to be safe you could ice the cake and refrigerate it - no cookies, and then a little bit before its due, sit it out just until the icing softens a bit to put the cookies on. all this coming from someone who has 4 canisters of these and has never made the cake yet. hopefully it will be going to a friend's for christmas though!

SpudCake Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 10:14pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you all for the replies. I will probably wait. Maybe deliver the cake on Sunday.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 11:27pm
post #9 of 9

I would atttach them to the cake as last minute as possible, then take Saran wrap and wrap in a circle around the sides to completely cover the cookies. They tend to loose crispness as soon as they are left out at room temperature air.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%