I'm Bragging...(Duff Talking About My Cake)

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 2:26am by ckkerber

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:14am
post #31 of 66

Very cool... what got first?

bgallay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bgallay Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:30am
post #32 of 66

Awesome Merrissa! I recorded him talking about mine too! I just need to upload it. I also recorded him talking to Mary Alice about wishing the woman happy b-day.

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:39am
post #33 of 66

How cool it that? First you get honorable mention in a contest, then you get to meet 'the man' himself and on top of that he loves your cake and talks it up! Not bad, not bad icon_smile.gif Congrats!

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:41am
post #34 of 66

Congratulations you did an awesome job on the cake

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:44am
post #35 of 66

You have every right to brag. If you need help bragging, I'm right here.LOL

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:45am
post #36 of 66

Congratulations! Your cake is perfect. You must be so happy.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:01am
post #37 of 66

OMG! that is soooo cool! He had so many great things to say! You must have felt like you wanted to jump out of your skin in excitement! Wow!

The cake is lovely! I want one!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 11:43am
post #38 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgallay

Awesome Merrissa! I recorded him talking about mine too! I just need to upload it. I also recorded him talking to Mary Alice about wishing the woman happy b-day.

I was scared to record any more for fear that I would use up all of my space. Maybe you saw before that I dropped my camera right before the event and damaged my memory card. Thankfully I had another one!! I think it turns out I would have had more space...oh well! I can't wait to hear yours!

Thanks everyone for your nice comments, I really appreciate it!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:01pm
post #39 of 66

You earned your bragging rights! I'm so glad you shared. I can only be happy (okay, a little jealous) for you! It's incredibly humbling to hear such words from a guy like Duff. (If I'm being honest, I'm a lot jealous but only in the most sincere way.) That for me, would be the biggest honor ever bestowed...a comment from someone whose work you admire so much, be it Colette, Eliza, Toba, Mike, Duff, Michele, or another incredibly talented cake artist. (Beyond jealousy now...onto daydreaming.) My most sincere congratulations to you!!! thumbs_up.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:13pm
post #40 of 66

That cake is awesome! The scarecrow alone was perfect...he looked folk art like.

Congratulations on the placement in the competition.

Have you ever tried kicking yourself???? OMG! It isn't an easy feat....I'm glad you got the video as well!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:36pm
post #41 of 66

Wow - HOW EXCITING! I'd love to meet him and have him say great things about my cakes.

springlakecake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:31pm
post #42 of 66

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate you all visiting my site and for being excited for me! Only my cake friends can really understand my excitement. I was really talking up cake central to everyone at the contest. I wouldnt be surprised if we gain some members LOL! You guys are great.

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:49pm
post #43 of 66

man, that would put me on a HUGE high for months!! way to go!!!

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:51pm
post #44 of 66

Bravo! Bravo! Brag on ! and Congrats!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm
post #45 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

*sigh* Good Lord, that man is so flippin' hot!! icon_razz.gif Is it just me? Great job on your cakes, btw. They are kickin'!

Nope its not just you, he is hot, I even think Geof is hot, but its their personalities that are so sexy to me! icon_lol.gif

Congrats on your cake, its awesome, it would be the perfect centerpiece for Thanksgiving Dinner!!! How did you do the overalls, it looks like real corduroy? thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:56pm
post #46 of 66

I have that rolling pin with the lines in it. I used my son's overalls as a template and cut out each of the pieces separately. You have to put the lines in it before putting the pieces on.

janicecold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicecold Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:15pm
post #47 of 66

That is an awesome cake! Wish I was that good. Are there any other photos on here from the other entries at the competion? Just wondering!! Again, I thought your cake was great!!

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:14pm
post #48 of 66

That is so great! I'd be bragging to everyone I knew and emailing it and whatever else I could think of!! I'm always so jealous at how clean some of you can make your fondant cakes....I keep trying....and dreaming! icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats again! I love the cake!
Kathi

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:16pm
post #49 of 66

That cake IS so well-executed...and just adorable! Love it, love it. Congratulations!

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:40pm
post #50 of 66

Your work is flawless!! Awesome job! He's sooooo cute! Congrats to you!

And Yes, put me in for thinking Duff is HOT too!!!!

Brandie

springlakecake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:59pm
post #51 of 66
jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:15pm
post #52 of 66

How cool! I am SOOOO jelous! Duff is my hero, I have dreams that I work in his bakery! lol I wanted to enter the competition at his dads health club earlier this month but it was too late notice! I was so mad!! I was actually thinking, I could whip up a cake in a day and a half! lol

love2stich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2stich Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:23pm
post #53 of 66

Hey Merissa!

I stole a poster off the wall at the event (gasp!) and then one of my friends gave me one at the end of the event so I now have two posters!! I would love to send you one for your memorabilia collection. It would make an awesome backdrop for a shadow box (i was a framer once upon a time)

If you pm me your address, I would be more than happy to send it off to you icon_smile.gif

Congrats AGAIN!!!!!

btw, my mom is still begging me to make your cake for Thanksgivingicon_smile.gif

nicoles-a-tryin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles-a-tryin Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:32pm
post #54 of 66

Congratulations!! Your cakes are always just flawless...And 'Clean"...as Duff said....That is so exciting!!!! And the scarecrow is just amazing!!!!!

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:41pm
post #55 of 66

Your cake is so beautiful! I love the scarecrow with the leaves.... and getting your pic taken with Duff!?!?! You are sooooooo lucky!!!

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:54pm
post #56 of 66

Congrat's, your cakes are all so well done. You deserve to brag. Great job

dellswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellswife Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 9:12pm
post #57 of 66

How exciting!!!!
I would Definately be bragging icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

moonlightschild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonlightschild Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:51am
post #58 of 66

your work is absolutely outstanding!

can you do a tutorial on your scarecrow? that was a wonderful idea...

congratulations on your placing and on meeting DUUUUUFFFFFFF!!!!!

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:03am
post #59 of 66

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that merissa's scarecrow looked a little bit like Duff??? icon_lol.gif Way to go!!!! What a great cake and such great praise from the cake meister himself! (but then what else could he say about that cake??) thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:50pm
post #60 of 66

I missed some of these posts! Thanks everyone....tutorial?? maybe, it was about a billion dollars in fondant though! lol! If I happen to be asked to make another one, then I certainly will take some pictures. But if anyone has any questions, I would be happy to walk you through it!

As for the poster, yes, I would love it, if you feel you can part with it! I will pm you!

Well the scarecrow didn't intentionally look like Duff! LOL! There definitely were a lot of "duff's" in the contest though. I would have to say there were at least 6 or 8 Duff figures or references to CCC! Maybe I should have had my scarecrow wearing a t-shirt LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%