Grandma To Be

Lounge By mpitrelli Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 1:11pm by mkerton

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 32

I had to tell someone. My DD went into labor a few hours ago and I am on pins and needles. She lives in GA so I can not be up there with her right now and I am going nuts. I will be going up there this weekend which is the soonest we can go I want so much to be with her right now she is calling me saying she wants her mommy and my heart is breaking. How can I get past this nerveousness. I know my extended famly on CC will know what to say to calm me down.

31 replies
AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 32

I know this must be terribly hard for you. Soon you will have a brand new baby to hold and love and all those feelings will have melted away. It's natural for us Mama's to be nervous when it comes to our babies and their babies. Look forward to this weekend and getting that baby love in! Congrats!

Elle

bec_elias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bec_elias Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 32

There's probably nothing I can say that will help. But.....congratulations on your grandbaby to be thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

I had my baby in NC and my mom was almost not there for it. I was on the phone with her for every contraction, and it was almost as good as her being right there. I know it's got to be hard just waiting and not knowing everything that's happening.

I hope you post as soon as you have your new addition!!! I can't wait to hear how your baby's are doing.

artist63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artist63 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:26am
post #4 of 32

Well CONGRATS on grandma hood and welcome to the club. I LOVE being a Grandma. I am so sorry you were not able to be there with your daughter but you will have TONS of memories soon. Keep us posted
~ a Fellow Grandma

mpitrelli Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:06am
post #5 of 32

OK now I am really starting to worry. Just talked to my SIL and he said she is having a problem with her blood pressure. They can't seem to get it to come down. I could not talk to her because right now they have her on morphine and she was resting inbetween contraction. She has had problems all along during the pregancy starting with going into labor at 26 weeks. They put her on bed rest and meds to stop the labor which worked now she is having problems with the labor. Now I really want to be up there. We do know that she is having a boy.

artist63 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 11:17am
post #6 of 32

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:21pm
post #7 of 32

Best of luck to your DD in her labor. Please keep us posted. She is in my prayers that they can get her blood pressure down and deliver a beautiful, healthy baby boy!

Jen

bec_elias Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:07pm
post #8 of 32

I have been thinking of your daughter. I hope she is doing well, and I hope you are doing okay also. I know this has to be so so hard just waiting.

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #9 of 32

mpitrelli, my thoughts are with you and your family. I hope all goes well.

16 mo. ago, I had the privilege of watching my 1st grandchild (boy) come into this world. You think you love your children more than words can say until you see that 1st grandchild - boy, that is a whole 'nother feeling - nothing like it in the world - as close to pure joy as I will ever get.

In fact, I'm babysitting him today - but he's too interested in Backyardigans at the moment to care what Mimi is doing icon_smile.gif

Welcome to the Grandma club - proud member here!!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:58pm
post #10 of 32

let us know how things are going............. It can be sooo stressful.......

mpitrelli Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:52pm
post #11 of 32

We are still waiting for the baby to be born. She now has been in labor over 30 hrs. They gave her some medication to drop her blood pressure and to get her to dialate some more she seems to be stuck at 4cm. I wish they would do something more she has to be so tired by now. When I get some more news I will keep everyone posted when I here. I am so grateful for having myCC family to talk to.

mkerton Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:07pm
post #12 of 32

how early is the baby? Are they just trying not to hurry it along?

mpitrelli Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:35pm
post #13 of 32

she is only 3 week early but she did start going into labor back at 27 weeks and they had to stop the labor and put her on bed rest.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 11:16pm
post #14 of 32

4mm after 30 hours? Why are they not taking this baby caesarian?
Well maybe because of her blood pressure, but I hope they don't make her go through this much longer.

mpitrelli Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 11:37pm
post #15 of 32

Well here is the latest update. Still no baby. They are giving her meds which is stablizing her blood pressure. Its still high but it has gone down some. If she has not had the baby by 6 am tomorrow they are going to take it so its going to be another long night. I will let everyone know whats happening when it does. Thanks every1

mpitrelli Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 11:46pm
post #16 of 32

Well here is the latest update. Still no baby. They are giving her meds which is stablizing her blood pressure. Its still high but it has gone down some. If she has not had the baby by 6 am tomorrow they are going to take it so its going to be another long night. I will let everyone know whats happening when it does. Thanks every1

mkerton Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm
post #17 of 32

well since its past 6am I am hoping that you have baby news to share!

mpitrelli Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:18pm
post #18 of 32

Well its 5:30 pm and still no baby. The doctors don't think it will be much longer. Her Blood pressure is now down and back to normal. She is at 6 cm and 90% so I hope it will be soon. the last update I got was at 5.

mkerton Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:21pm
post #19 of 32

OH my goodness, hope she has a good epidural......she must be exhausted! Stubborn little baby!

artist63 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 11:18pm
post #20 of 32

Wow I got on cause I was thinking of you that surely by now you were a full fledged Grandma. Still keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

mpitrelli Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:19am
post #21 of 32

[/b]WE FINALLY HAVE A BABY. HE WAS BORN AT 7:47 PM HE WEIGHTED 6LBS 6.5 OZ. WAS 19 INCHES AND THANK GOD BOTH MOM AND BABY ARE DOING GREAT. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers I will post pictures when I have them

mkerton Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:27am
post #22 of 32

Finally! What's his name? Congrats grandma!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:05am
post #23 of 32

party.gifparty.gifparty.gif CONGRATULATIONS!! party.gifparty.gifparty.gif

mpitrelli Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:49am
post #24 of 32

His name is Gavin Buckley. I'm not sure where they came up with the name Gavin, but the middle name is from a friend of theirs that passed away a few months back and they wanted to honor his memory. I will be heading up to GA this weekend so I can't wait.

mpitrelli Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:41am
post #25 of 32

His name is Gavin Buckley. I'm not sure where they came up with the name Gavin, but the middle name is from a friend of theirs that passed away a few months back and they wanted to honor his memory. I will be heading up to GA this weekend so I can't wait.

mpitrelli Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:41am
post #26 of 32

mkerton Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:56am
post #27 of 32

We have a friend who also named her son Gavin........ I like it!

bec_elias Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:35am
post #28 of 32

CONGRAT"S!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
I am so happy for you. And I love the Gavin!

mpitrelli Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:13am
post #29 of 32

Here is a picture of our new addition.
LL

artist63 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:29am
post #30 of 32

Congrats. your little grandson is perfect have a safe trip going up there to meet him.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%