Try Again: What Would You Charge

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 10:49pm by Tomoore

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 11

Hey Guys...I'm gonna try this again. I sent pics of this one out to friends and family and two people (friends of friends) have reached out to me inquiring about price.

I am thinking of going for $90 ($3.75 per serving). I want to know if you think it's too much. Be honest.
LL

10 replies
Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 11

I think $90 for that cake is a little under. I don't think I would do it for less then $125. But that's my personal opinion.

Love the cake.

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 11

$90 seems to be undercutting a little as well...

Although it must be a small cake though to only feed 24!

I wouldn't probably charge any more to my friends and family either...but I would do up a price for it that is higher and then create a discount to get it to the $90, so that if anyone outside of friends or family wants to know they get it a little higher.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 11

I think $90 is a little bit under as well!! Are you charging for the extra detail as well?? If not, that should be put into consideration as well!!

I'm gonna go with the Erdica; no less than 125.00, but some folks might say that 125.00 is undercharging!! Think you need to up that 90.00 price tag!!

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:39pm
post #5 of 11

$4.50 per serving.

Tomoore Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_farms

$90 seems to be undercutting a little as well...

Although it must be a small cake though to only feed 24!

I wouldn't probably charge any more to my friends and family either...but I would do up a price for it that is higher and then create a discount to get it to the $90, so that if anyone outside of friends or family wants to know they get it a little higher.

It's an 11x15 cut in half. When I scored the cake to ensure that the customer would be able to get the 30 servings she needed, I thought it was a bit too tight. So, I was prepared to simply say it served 24 to be safe.

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdica

I think $90 for that cake is a little under. I don't think I would do it for less then $125. But that's my personal opinion.

Love the cake.

i agree. it does look fabulous!!

Tomoore Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 11

Wow...this will be the most I've ever charged. I am nervous to send it to her....but here goes... icon_smile.gif Thanks Guys!

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 9:40pm
post #9 of 11

Good luck! Let us know what happens!!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 9:42pm
post #10 of 11

I have that an 11x15 would serve 35 servings. I consider a serving of cake 2x2x2 for a single layer and 1x2x4 for double layers so since you used a single layer cut in half it is still 35 servings.

I would charge minimum $4 /serving for this without anyfillings and my basic cake flavors. So I would start at $140, this includes delivery within my city limits (aprox 7mi radius)

Tomoore Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:49pm
post #11 of 11

The 11x15 serves 35, huh? Hmmm...well (in the last cake) I used a single layer, torted. I could very easily halve and stack the 11x15 (this was the original plan) to make it two layers. Make sense?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%