I Lost The Check!

Decorating By Lazy_Susan Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 7:09am by sweetreasures

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:50am
post #1 of 9

This isn't really a cake disaster as much as a personal disaster. I made a Birthday cake for a customer and as usual she paid with a check which is fine. However, I can't for the life of me FIND THE CHECK! I've lost it. It was only $45 but still! I've looked everywhere including my car and it is no where to be found. I told my customer about what happened so she wouldn't wonder why her bank account showed her with an extra $45 in it. She was going to write me another check and just stop payment on the one she gave me but I told her no because it would then cost her more money. It's been a couple of weeks now and still no check. I think I should tell her to go ahead and stop payment on it in case someone else finds it and tries to manipulate it and cash it. What do y'all think?

Absent minded,
Lazy_Susan

8 replies
Laura_G Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura_G Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:03am
post #2 of 9

If she's willing to go ahead and give you another check, why not have her write it and subtract whatever it costs her to stop payment on the other check?

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_G

If she's willing to go ahead and give you another check, why not have her write it and subtract whatever it costs her to stop payment on the other check?

i agree....sorry this happened...
just hope that the inevitable happens and right after she stop the payment...you find the check somewhere...lol.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_G

I agree. This is the best way to handle the situation. You will also not be at a total loss on the cake by doing this.

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 9

i've done this before! so, like suggested before, have her write you a new check minus the fee for stopping the first check.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 9

In our area, it cost $35.00 to stop payment on a check. It's crazy...

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 9

In our area, it cost $35.00 to stop payment on a check. It's crazy that it costs so much.

CakesByBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByBabycakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 4:00pm
post #8 of 9

Did you check your account to see if you did deposit it and think you lost it?

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:09am
post #9 of 9

Depending on the bank, they may not charge a stop payment fee.

Had to call the parents I babysit for and ask to send another check. All I can figure is it went through the washer since my clothes had little paper specks on them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%