I Have A Brain Freeze...

Decorating By abbey Updated 6 Aug 2005 , 11:46pm by abbey

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 9

my sister is leaving the dr.'s office where she's been a nurse for 11 years and she would like me to do a cake sort of a thank-you / I'll miss you cake. I would like this to be something eye catching and neat but I am totally at a loss for what to do. I can't seem to find anything online that sparks an idea so I'm relying on my trusted friends here at cake central to help thaw out my brain and spark my creativity. Anybody got a match??

8 replies
amberlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlicious Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 9

What sort of dr. is it? It'd be fun to do like a foot if it's a podiatrist, or glasses for an optometrist ect.
Amber

abbey Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 12:19am
post #3 of 9

It's a pediatric office

cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 2:36am
post #4 of 9

How about a little poem with balloons around the borders in lively colors--green-yellow-blue-pink. May be a poem something like "after giving lots of shots and soothings lots of fears--I will miss you all--Its been 11 years (Centered) then at the bottom write something like "Keep In Touch." Hope this helps

abbey Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 9

Great Poem. I really like that I am going to run it by her. Now if only I liked to write on cakes. I don't have a printer for edible image yet (it's on my dream list.) I really would like to do a shaped cake of some sort. I'm not much on sheet cakes. Just like something different. I have had a few orders from her office and hope this might get me a few more. She's going to put my card out with the cake.

cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 9

Well, you have nice cakes. I like the heart one. Maybe you can use some like that. Whatever you decide I know it will be nice. Good luck.

amberlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlicious Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 8:26pm
post #7 of 9

What if you did a heart and had it broken?

It breaks my heart to leave...

something super cheesy like that??

Sorry, I don't feel like we're being very helpful! I'm drawing a blank too.
Amber

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 9

Maybe you could do a broken heart with a bandaid on it...and then write a cute message. I also do not like to write on cakes. Sometimes I print the message on a piece of paper and then cut it out and place it on the cake board. Maybe you could cover the cake board in a nice color paper. I will keep thinking and let you know.
traci icon_smile.gif

abbey Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 9

I like the broken heart idea too...I still have a few days to think about it maybe my creative juices will get flowing before then.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%