Ever Have "one Of Those" Days??!

Decorating By mgdqueen Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 6:06pm by dueter

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:34am
post #1 of 6

Yesterday was quite possibly one of the worst days of the year. On Thursdays I am a "room mom" at my son's school. I drop him off and then have an hour before I go back in for my shift. I am in the midst of doing a LOT of fall festival goodies for the school on Saturday and they had to be turned in today.

I decided I would throw some cakes in the oven, take him to school, and then they would get done before I had to leave again. I had 10 minutes before I was supposed to go and I saw the neighbor's dog heading up my driveway to my garbage. I went out the back door to scream at the dog, the wind came up, and my door slammed shut. Yep, it was locked.

I frantically tried to search for ANYTHING I could use to get in and came up with nothing. I have one neighbor that works nights and sleeps during the day, so I went to wake her up to see if she could help. She got a screwdriver, a credit card, etc. NOTHING would work. I decided I would break a small window at another door so I could get in...did I mention I still had cake in the oven (burning)??

I grabbed the outdoor broom and started heaving the handle at the window. It didn't do ANYTHING. I picked up a VERY large heavy rock and tried with all my might to heave it through the window...NOTHING. I swear it laughed and bounced back. I finally had to call my husband (after I've laughed at him about 20 times for locking himself out while I'm there) and sheepishly asked him what to do.

I finally got in without breaking a window. I ran to the school and told them I couldn't help and had to go back home. The cake was destroyed as this took about 45 minutes total, so I had to bake some more.

I had made homemade spagetti sauce and whipped up some homemade french bread for dinner in the midst of decorating. I had baked a bunch of NFSC the day before so I could decorate those too. I decided about 30 minutes before my husband was due to be home that there was no way I was going to get them done, so I thought I would throw them in the freezer of my cake fridge.

You know where this is going right?!! My fridge had gone out. I had melted frozen fruit, now soft cakeballs, and yes (bad me) about 10 pounds of thawed sausage on the door. I just started bawling...I had no place to keep my cakes, a big smooshy, gooey, sticky melted mess all over and I HATE STICKY!!!!!!

I cleaned everything up and while the fridge doors were still open, the darned thing kicked back on. It's on and working fine this morning and I just want to kick it to make it stop. I will NOT be putting anything back in the freezer for sure.

Thanks for letting me share my cruddy day!! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 6

That would sure top my list of really bad days!!!! YOu poor thing!!! Thank God it's new day. Hope this one is a whole lot bettter!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 6

Ah, man! That was a sucky day!

TGIF!

eh?

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 6

<<<Hugs>>> to you.

If I can find the cabana boy I'll send him over with a drink for ya.

I feel your pain. Our extra fridge went out while we were gone for the weekend. It was full of meat for a BBQ. Can you say NASTY!!
I would not trust that freezer either. Or it could be your breaker is going bad.

Good Luck

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 6

awwww-thanks!! I made my husband play cabana boy last night and bring me drinks...it's all good now! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 6

Glad to hear everything is better today. Lucky girl to have her own private cabana boy icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%