How Do I Get To The Top

Decorating By flowers40 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 6:32am by LaSombra

flowers40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowers40 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:05am
post #1 of 8

I am wondering if anyone knows, what criteria is used to pick the cakes that go into the all time favorite cakes at the top of the pics page. I'm assuming these are cakes that everyone has viewed and picked for there favorites. But I'm wondering if there is a number of views or favorites that have to be reached before your cake goes into this catagory. And is this a automatic once you reach this criteria, or is there someone who chooses these cake to be put into this catagory. I'm assuming that most of these cake have a level of excellence that can't be denied, but I'm just wondering what it takes to get to the top, of the cake central pics page that is?

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:44am
post #2 of 8

Heath explains cakes are entered as a result of #'s of saves (to favorites):

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-395993-.html

HTH

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:54am
post #3 of 8

Well although I've never seen the # question officially answered, I do believe it is in the ballpark of over 100 saves. And judging by the sheer volume of cake pics w/over 100 saves (over 30 pages...which means over 3000 pics) I think it's safe to assume that there is just a engine which randomly selects them and pops them on the home page for one viewing cycle.

Just my hunch!

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:58am
post #4 of 8

The link to the thread that JanH posted comes straight from the "horses mouth" er... donkey? mule? icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Jibbies

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:13am
post #5 of 8

I'm guessing it's around 100 or so. I've seen some with not much more than 100 favorites up there. I'd love to have a cake up there someday icon_smile.gif The one on my avatar is up to 83 so I'm getting excited as it gets closer to 100 icon_biggrin.gif

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:36am
post #6 of 8

I was just wondering that same thing today. I've never had (or even thought I might have) a cake with that many saves until the shark cake I posted yesterday afternoon. It will be fun to watch and see if it ever pops up there!

Thanks for the link to the thread JanH!

Anya

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:47am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaSombra

I'm guessing it's around 100 or so. I've seen some with not much more than 100 favorites up there. I'd love to have a cake up there someday icon_smile.gif The one on my avatar is up to 83 so I'm getting excited as it gets closer to 100 icon_biggrin.gif

84 now!! LOL!!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Edited to add: Copacabanya I can't believe your shark cake only posted yesterday - wow it just ROCKETED to the top! You'll be on the home page some day, but with so many cakes rotating, don't expect to see it icon_wink.gif . I have no idea when my av. cake made it to the home page but others told me they'd seen it well before I ever caught it there. Anyway it's fantastic, so congratulations!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:32am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

84 now!! LOL!!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

hehe, thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%