Anyone Shopped At Hobby Lobby For Cake Decorating Supplies?

Decorating By swick55 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 2:52pm by bunnys26

swick55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swick55 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 10

I have a Hobby Lobby that is an hour one way drive and I have never shopped there before. I need Luster Dust and a few other odds and ends for cake decorating. I don't want to drive there if it isn't worth my time. Can anyone tell me if they have shopped there before and what kind of supplies they carry. Thank you!

9 replies
dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 10

They carry alot of the Wilton products.

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 10

Hobby Lobby's cake supplies are pretty much eclusively Wilton. And as far as luster dust goes there isn't much of a selection. Wilton carries abour 3 or 4 colors of pearl dust like orchid pink, silver, and pearl (I think), then they have shimmer dust in bright colors but it is more coarse than luster dust.

HTH!
Anya

ccaluda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccaluda Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 10

I shop there all the time. They stock Wilton products and they have a pretty good selection. Also, check the internet (www.hobbylobby) for coupons. Almost every week they have a 40% off a single item coupon, and occasionally they have 30% off all Wilton products.

Happy shopping.

bunnys26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunnys26 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabanya

Hobby Lobby's cake supplies are pretty much eclusively Wilton. And as far as goes there isn't much of a selection. Wilton carries abour 3 or 4 colors of like orchid pink, silver, and pearl (I think), then they have in bright colors but it is more coarse than .

HTH!
Anya

Are you able to paint with the Shimmer Dust?

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:09am
post #6 of 10

bunnys - I don't think so. It's more like something you'd sprinkle on to give a shimmer like edible glitter or sanding sugar. There's a picture of it here:
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=BA17880D-802D-F658-09B3D5CAB5B536C6

I hope that helps!

Anya

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:09am
post #7 of 10

bunnys, where are you located? If we know someone might be able to direct you to another store.

dflorita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dflorita Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:25am
post #8 of 10

Hobby Lobby does carry a great supply of Wilton products - and about 5 different flavors of pearl dust - gold, silver, white, pink, yellow. They carry lots of character pans and all of the round, square, heart shaped, and oval pans (no octogonal or petal pans), plus angel food pans, and some other specialty pans, i.e., wonder mold, stand up mini bear, bear, checkerboard pan, etc. If H.L. doesn't have a particular pan/item you are looking for then Michael's or Joann's will probably have it. Also, if you are looking for something in particular and Hobby Lobby is out of that product the department manager for 'cards and party' will be happy to order that item for you. I'd call first, make sure they have the items you want, then if they are out, tell the manager you'd like for her to order and ask what day their truck comes in (merchandise is usually up by early evening.

Hope this helps.

mssweetie24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mssweetie24 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 3:03am
post #9 of 10

I was there this past Wednesday and they have 30% off on some of their Wilton products. ..Plus I printed off the 40% coupon from their site and was able to save on an item I was wanting icon_biggrin.gif

bunnys26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunnys26 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:52pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dueter

bunnys, where are you located? If we know someone might be able to direct you to another store.

I'm in Houston

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%