Spice Cake Balls

Decorating By klesyd Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 5:30pm by Raisen

klesyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klesyd Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 16

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA FOR A CAKE BALL USING SPICE CAKE?

15 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 16

How about using a cream cheese icing with a tad of pumpkin and some pumpkin spice added then dipped in orange candy melts?

OR, O O O what about using cream cheese icing with apple cider as the liquid and using apple pie spice in it?

OR....how about using homemade caramel icing instead of cream cheese icing?

Just some random thoughts early in the morning, BEFORE, I've had all my coffee! LOL

Beth in KY

LoriRice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriRice Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 16

I recently made several dozen pumpkin spice cake balls for a wedding and they were a HUGE hit....I used pumpkin spice cake, added pumpkin spice coffee creamer for the flavoring, and dipped them in vanilla candy coating. Of the 5 different flavors I made, these were the most popular.
HTH!

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 16

There is a new creamer out called "Vanilla spiced rum" by GFIC, I wonder how that'd work? Otherwise, someone told me they used just plan sweetened condensed milk to the crumbled cake and made them that way. I think they'd be good dipped in white chocolate...gonna have to try it!! icon_smile.gif

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 16

great ideas..........the spice cakeballs that I make are just spice cake dipped in white chocolate with cream cheese flavoring.

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 1:29am
post #6 of 16

I just bought pumpkin spice creamer and eggnog to try cake balls with. I have some vanilla cake in the freezer. It's thawing now...I can't wait!!! I'm going to dip them in white chocolate and sprinkle with nutmeg/cinnamon.

craftermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftermom Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 2:54am
post #7 of 16

I just made some spice cake balls. Used one regular spice cake mix (added an extra egg to the mix). After it cooled, I put in one bag of Hershey's cinnamon chips, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 2 cups of my "dream whip" icing and 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk. The batch made 66 cake balls. Then I dipped them in orange Wilton candy melts (one package of these covered about 44 balls) and then drizzled chocolate candy melts over the orange. They are so good!

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:01am
post #8 of 16

Just made these the other night for a potluck...they were gone in half an hour! People could not stop talking about them.

Pumpkin spice cake, creme brulee coffe creamer, dipped in Wilton white candy melts and sprinkled with cinnamon and chopped pecans-yummy!

Chrisy

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:30am
post #9 of 16

I've even made these with just plain yellow cake mixed with pumpkin pie spice and BC. So far they have been my best cake balls.

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:48am
post #10 of 16

Hello There--

What's your technique for getting the cake balls into a nice round shape? Mine are usually a little lopsided!

sportsmom005 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:27am
post #11 of 16

Mine were a little lopsided too, but no one seemed to notice or care icon_smile.gif

I also made them too big...I used my Tupperware tablespoon but I kept overfilling it because I thought they didn't look big enough. By the time I dipped them and topped them with the pecans they were huge. I think I'll keep using the tablespoon because it has such a nice, round shape, but I will make sure to level it off.

IMHO, I don't think they need to be perfectly round...it adds to the charm!

Chrisy

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 5:35am
post #12 of 16

Do you use the pumpkin spice cake recipe that is posted in the recipes section? These cake balls sound good. How do you make them? I thought I saw another forum on how to but can't seem to find it.

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 12:47pm
post #13 of 16

Thanks! Glad to know I'm not alone! icon_smile.gif

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 3:20pm
post #14 of 16

well I found it this morning - making cake balls. It's in an article on the front page -

sportsmom005 Posted 22 Oct 2007 , 4:34pm
post #15 of 16

I use the pumpkin spice cake recipe that's in the recipe section here on CC and the article on the CC home page about cake balls. There's also a cake ball recipe in the recipe section that was helpful.

Chrisy

Raisen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raisen Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:30pm
post #16 of 16

I keep seeing where some put in creamer to bind cake balls....Is this the powder creamer or liquid creamer? I dont see this in the recipe forum. Also do you add before you cook...or after-when forming scraps into balls...? icon_redface.gif

Thanks-

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%