What Does Wilton Now Recommend For Using Boxed Cake Mixes?

Baking By sunnycake Updated 21 Oct 2007 , 6:16pm by CristinaB

sunnycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunnycake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 6

I took the Wilton class YEARS ago, & they recommended DH (Dunc.n Hin.s) Classic White box cake mix for wedding cakes. Months ago on CakeCentral, I found a forum about the new Wilton recommendation of using the DH white with (I believe) a Bet.ty Crock.r pound cake. Didn't write it down, & now that I need it, I can't find it on this site. Anybody out there that remembers/uses the combination?? Thanks in advance!

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 6

Tried the cake mix and pound cake combo (last year) and found that I preferred the WASC cake recipe.

(Don't recall that this was touted as a recommended Wilton wedding cake recipe.) The ratio was one box of pound cake mix to one cake mix combined (made according to package directions on each box).

WASC cake recipe:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Cake.html

HTH

dwbeall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dwbeall Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 12:59am
post #3 of 6

I just made some Betty Crocker cakes (different flavors) and noticed the Wilton logo on the top of the box, if that helps.

CristinaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristinaB Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #4 of 6

JanH, Just wondered if you could substitute more vanilla (or another extract flavor) for the almond extract. I really don't like the flavor of almond. This recipe looks really yummy if I could just ditch the almond without ruining the whole thing! Thanks!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 10:06am
post #5 of 6

CristinaB, the WASC cake can be made in any flavor cake mix, using any extract....

Here's the expanded flavors version:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

In addition to the above, you can use yogurt, jello, add berry or lemon juice, white chocolate, raspberries or strawberries, liquor or liqueur and more.

HTH

CristinaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristinaB Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it!!t!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%