Edible Images On Ice Cream Cakes

Decorating By msmanning2 Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 11:05am by msmanning2

msmanning2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmanning2 Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 4

I am going to be making my first ice cream cake this weekend. Does anyone have any tips on using edible images on these cakes and the best icing to use for ice cream cakes? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Michele

3 replies
msmanning2 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:20am
post #2 of 4

One more question on ice cream cakes, do you prefer to make them with just ice cream or ice cream and cake? thanks!

Baileygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baileygirl Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:33am
post #3 of 4

I bake a single layer of cake. I then line the same size pan with Saran Wrap and pack with softened ice cream. Freeze until firm. I split the cake layer and place the ice cream between the 2 cake layers. I use Cool Whip to ice the whole thing and for any borders I make. I don't usually decorate these very much, just some chocolate shavings, or curls. You have to work pretty fast with the cool whip. If you have a source for Rich's BetterCreme or Pastry Pride that works well too. You can do more elaborate decorations with these products. You would be able to use an Edible Image with either the cool whip or the whipped icings.

msmanning2 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 11:05am
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much! I am so nervous to do my first one! It is going to have to be small since my sucky freezer doesn't fit much. icon_sad.gif thank you again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%