I Have To Make A Cake For Someone I Dont Like!!!!! Help!!!!!

Decorating By arahsa Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 4:29pm by lecrn

arahsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arahsa Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 5

So I have been asked for a friend of mine at work if I can make a cake for another associates birthday coming up. The only problem is I CANT STAND THE GIRL. We do not get along at all.

I usually can think of something really cute but I have nothing! Not one idea. I have been asked to make a 1/2 sheet cake in marble with just plain buttercream filling and icing. She also wanted to have yellow roses.

If you have any suggestions you would like to throw by way I would be really greatful!!!! icon_confused.gif

4 replies
ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 5

I know how you feel. I just made one for my son's MIL, not a very nice lady. I just followed the requests to the T & resisted dropping it and saying Ooops, no cake even though others in the family were egging me on icon_evil.gif So my suggestion would be make the marble sheet cake, white icing with yellow rose bouquet at the side, plain yellow shell border or swag border if you want to be fancy.

Have fun with it and HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 5
arahsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arahsa Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:07am
post #4 of 5

I did it! Check out the cake. It is under my pics. I made it really simple. Everyone though it was store bought! Even though we dont get along, she was very nice and THANKED me for a beautiful cake.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 5

I understand how you feel. I have a big order coming up for a customer that I cannot stand. She's actually one of my superiors @ work. She's been very demeaning towards me & many others. But, I'm going to suck it up & do the order for her, although I won't enjoy myself while doing so. I'm trying to look at it as a "service" in which I will get paid for. Maybe I'll get future business from it as well.
Glad you made your cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%