My First Wedding Cake!!!

Decorating By bradleycake Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 8:57pm by superstar

bradleycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bradleycake Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 5

I am so excited. I made my sister's wedding cake. The wedding was this past weekend. They loved the cake. I was so nervous. I ended up making a sheet cake too. Any comments or tips would be great. I already have a list of things to try for the 'next one.' I work full-time so I had to space things out a little. I baked the cakes on Monday and froze them. I thawed them out Wednesday and filled and crumb coated them. Then I decorated on Thursday. I noticed when I was setting up the cake on Saturday that it had these crazy air pockets/bubbles. Fortunately I was able to press the icing back on the cake. It was like the icing had peeled away from the cake in random spots?? Has anyone else had that happen?
LL
LL

4 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 5

Those cakes look fabulous, I can't offer you any advice!! icon_cool.gif

If you had the cakes refrigerated for a long time, then they were getting those "air pocket" bubbles when you brought them to room temperature, it is probably because the air inside the cake was warming up - when it warmed up, it expanded and tried to "escape" any way it could, but the frosting was trapping it. If I leave the cake in the frigerator for more than a few hours, I like to let it sit for 30 minutes or so at room temperature before I put on the final coat of frosting.

Seriously, though....flawless cakes thumbs_up.gif

bradleycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bradleycake Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:17am
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much!!

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 5

Absolutely beautiful!! Enjoy that talent ~ keep decorating.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 5

They look lovely, you did a great job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%