At A Loss For Words

Decorating By tirby Updated 13 Oct 2007 , 11:17pm by Chef_Stef

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 11

Don't be to shocked it wont happen often!

Anyway I am doing a cake for a churches 40th anniversary celebration
Now the church has done amazing work in the 40 years. From a tiny church to a church that has a TV station and 4 sister churches. Has Gone to over 20 countrys and Has an Accredited Pastorial Training School in Africa. The Overseer is 80 something and still going strong for the Lord. HE IS THE ONE WHO GOES TO AFRICA.... along with others. He built the church from the ground up. LITERALLY. Now there is going to be MANY people there some from over seas and accross the states. So it needs to be perfect if possible.
Theme and decorations will be in Autum colors. I have made fondant leaves and colored them. Cakes will be 12x18 double layer white with strawberry filling....10" square in the center of the table which is going to be the one decorated to be the nicest. and then a 12x 18 chocolate on the other side. The writing is my issue.

so two side sheet cakes and one 10" square set as a diamond . Now what to write on it? or on them?

10 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 11

I can't help with the saying (sorry!) But for large events like this I suggest scoring the top of the sheet cakes and just putting a rose bud (or even a cross in this case) on each square. This will allow whoever is cutting the cake to not have to worry about what size to cut or how to cut, they just follow the lines.

Then you can deocrate the 10" really nice and have a nice saying on it.

HTH

tirby Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:13am
post #3 of 11

Thats one Idea I haden't thought of. It might work. Any one else.

TractorDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TractorDiva Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:19am
post #4 of 11

Perhaps someone can suggest an appropriate bible verse for the occasion?
Like when it is a missionary send off, you always hear, "Here I am Lord, send me" Or "Go ye therefore into the world, spreading the Gospel..."

There must be a more bible savvy CCer out there...?

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:31am
post #5 of 11

The very first thing that came to my mind is "Praise the Lord!"

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:31am
post #6 of 11

What about the passage about "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel" ? Sounds like that's been their mission...

That's the only thing that comes to mind right away

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:49am
post #7 of 11

(quote Tirby) I am doing a cake for a churches 40th anniversary celebration.

The first thing that came to my mind, is your Church is celebrating 40 years and there is so many times in the Bible that the number 40 is used.

For instances, rain during the flood lasted 40 days, and Jesus fasted in the wilderness for 40 days, just to name a few.

Maybe you could find something in the Bible that would fit in with the Churches 40 Year Celebration. Wish I could of more help Tirby.

I do love the idea that Leily said, about how you could do the cakes.

TractorDiva wrote:"Go ye therefore into the world, spreading the Gospel...". I like this also, because that is what your Church has been doing for 40 years.

God Bless,
Sharon

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 2:21am
post #8 of 11

how about:

The name of the church followed by "furthering God's Kingdom for 40 years"

mommachris

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 2:24am
post #9 of 11

Oh thats a good one also mommachris. I like it thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

tirby Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 2:05pm
post #10 of 11

Thank you all so much. I hadent even thought about the 40 years in relation. That will be great. I will talk this over real quick with Robin"Pastors Wife" and go from there. THANK YOU

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 11:17pm
post #11 of 11

Don't forget the Israelites wandered the desert for 40 years, too, and there are probably a ton of 40-year references if you want to look them up. It seems like it's a significant number, but I've long since forgotten what it "stands for"...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%