Hazelnut Buttercream???

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 2:10am by ShirleyW

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 10

I am doing a cake testing this weekend, and the client would like to try a hazelnut filling. I'm looking for something other than Nutella. I thought I saw a forum about using coffee mate but can't seem to find it. How much should I use? Should I use the powdered form or liquid? Thanks!

9 replies
MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 10

In search, type in coffee creamer - I think there are over 7000 posts/topics on how to use it in every way you can think of. Simple answer is to use it in place of some of your liquid, depending on the strength of flavor you want.

HTH

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 10

never tried but i would use the liquid and jsut replace it with the liquid in the recipe.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 10

I use the liquid form and replace the full amount of liquid the recipes calls for. You can also use the powder and mix equal amounts of water and powder and then replace for the liquid. Good luck!

Ahhh I'm in JAX too!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 10

There's a great recipe for hazelnut buttercream at www.cakewalkchicago.com

It uses powdered coffee creamer.

DFND Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DFND Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 10

I've used this recipe and it's delicious. I grew up on Nutella and love it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3853-0-Chocolate-Hazelnut-Buttercream.html

cakeguru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeguru Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:35pm
post #7 of 10

Loranne Oils has a hazelnut flavoring...just use it instead of vanilla extract in your icing recipe? Although, you may have to not use as much because the oils are very concentrated

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:36pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you for the quick responses!! I'll give it a try.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 12:34am
post #9 of 10

I often add a tablespoon or two of hazelnut syrup (the stuff they use to flavor coffee) along with the vanilla when I make buttercream. I just like the added flavor. If you use a hazelnut filling this might be nice as your overall frosting.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 17 Oct 2007 , 2:10am
post #10 of 10

Spice Barn makes very nice extracts and they do carry Hazlenut. But if you'd like something with a little kick you could always use Frangelico liquere.
http://spicebarn.com/hazelnut_flavoring.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%