Check Out My Website, Please!

Decorating By nefgaby Updated 13 Oct 2007 , 3:06am by Ldydesignr

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 17

OK, I finally did it! I finally put together my website... well, it is still a work in progress, specially the home page, but I'm very happy with the results thus far, please check it out and let me know what you think. It is something very simple, I did it myself, maybe down the road I'll hire somebody to make me one, but for now this works! icon_biggrin.gif

So please, let me know if you find any typos or if something should be redacted differently (English is my second language). Thanks so much! Looking forward to getting your feedback. thumbs_up.gif

www.sweetartshop.com

Here is also the link to a thread I posted and got great help... Thanks again!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=528653&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

16 replies
elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 17

it looks great!!! you are so talented!!!

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 17

I just looked at your site and I would not change anything. It is simple and straight to the point. I think when people are looking at a website that is just what they are looking for. Congratulations and I can only hope one day that I can have my own website. icon_biggrin.gif

nefgaby Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 17

Thanks so much! I appreciate it! And Tasha27, you wouldn't believe how easy it was... you should give it a try!

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 17

It really looks wonderful!

Here are just a couple errors:

The phrase "where Cakes become Art" is great. You should be consistent with the capitalization. "Where Cakes Become Art" or "Where cakes become art."

Your Welcome page cuts of one word "my inter*** for cake started..."

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 17

Congratulations on a terrific website!! Your cakes are all fantastic!!!

OliviasCakeBites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OliviasCakeBites Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 17

Hi Gaby,

You've made some stunning cakes! I especially loved the cactus. The only suggestion that I would make is on the home page, changing the black and white photos to color. Hit the viewer with the vibrancy of the cake photos right away so that they go looking for more. You've really got a talent for cakes, cookies and cupcakes! Best wishes for your new website...I hope you get plenty of business!!

Happy caking,
Olivia

gidgetsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetsmom Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:30pm
post #8 of 17

I like it a lot. Agree with being consistent on capitalization.

The only other thing that hit me was using extraordinare instead of extraordinary. It just didn't read as well to me - but maybe that's just me.

I really like the b/w pics on the home page.

BTW - your work is lovely!!

cakes80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes80 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:31pm
post #9 of 17

What a beautiful site. And beautiful cakes. You are an artist!! Thanks for sharing your site.

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:31pm
post #10 of 17

Love the site and the cakes. You are very talented! I have to agree with the consistancy of Where Cake Becomes Art. I know you may want to focus on the work cake and art, but my eyes want to see it all in caps, or as a regular phrase.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong...where you write, "turn a simple cake onto something extraordinaire" I believe the word is spelled extraordinary.

Beautiful site. Very professional and easy to use. Congratulations. You definitely should be making cakes for a living. They are all perfect!!

Angie

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #11 of 17

Love your website, I like how you click and all the pics come up at once. That is something I need to do also. Customers keep asking me about a website and I don't have one.

Your work is truly beautiful and so perfect. I remember seeing that cute little boy in your avitar.

Myra

nefgaby Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:46pm
post #12 of 17

Thanks sooo much!!!
OK, will go ahead and capitalize and also, I guess DH was right, the word extraordinaire (frengh etymology) (as in chef extraordinaire) might be confusing... will change to English! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

nefgaby Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:50pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4sugar

Your Welcome page cuts of one word "my inter*** for cake started..."

Does any body else have this problem? mmm... it is not showing when I open the website... icon_confused.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:48pm
post #14 of 17

Hey Gaby,

Great...now you have a website too! jk

It IS great! the words are not cutoff on my screen. And of course, your cakes and etc are
P-E-R-F-E-C-T.

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:35am
post #15 of 17

I think you did a great job on your website! Your cakes a wonderful!! thumbs_up.gif

nefgaby Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 2:36am
post #16 of 17

Thank you so much for all the compliments!!! Really, I'm so happy to have such an awesome CC family! Thanks for all the support!! ((((HUGS to everybody))))

Ldydesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ldydesignr Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 3:06am
post #17 of 17

You did a great job on your site. Beautiful cakes and the cookies and snacks were so cute. You should be proud of yourself. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%