Edible "snow"? Not Coconut!

Decorating By aligotmatt Updated 13 Oct 2007 , 1:16am by veronica970206

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 11:58pm
post #31 of 35

Hey Martha I like to be different icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Oh and by the way Martha I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake in YOUR avatar!!!!

icon_smile.gif

SuHwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuHwa Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 12:02am
post #32 of 35

I thought the buttercream on my cake http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=938573 looked like snow. I used a rose petal tip to mound it on the cake. For a larger area of snow just use a spatula and make a not smooth cake, kind of like doing waves for a beach cake. Then hit it with some large grained sugar here and there for sparkle.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 12:09am
post #33 of 35

That is a very cute cake SuHwa!!!!

OR she could even put the edible clear glitter on it icon_wink.gif

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 12:57am
post #34 of 35

Thanks everyone!! I was hoping for a blowing kisses emoticon, but there isn't one, but I am!! icon_biggrin.gif

I went on a grand search for white cotton candy and I found blue and pink, but no white... I don't think white chocolate is really all that white and I didn't want that dirty snow effect, if that makes sense...

SO, I ended up putting 4 pounds of powdered sugar in my delightful delonghi and used the whisk to cut in 1/4 cup (maybe more) or water. It gave the powdered sugar more oomf. Then I tossed it all with some of Wilton's clear shimmer flake things. I thought the snow turned out great! The people at the banquet hall were so impressed.

Thanks for all the advice! I just uploaded it, so it should be in my photo's shortly icon_smile.gif

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 1:16am
post #35 of 35

I would use a few mounds of white BC and top it with a combo of powder sugar and a lil granulated sugar to give it that shimmer look, since you are just doing "piles" of snow around the snowboard. White chocolate would not be bad, but for some reason I cannot imagine how that would look. I think I would test out a few ideas first before I actually placed it on the cake. Good luck!!! Sincerely, Veronica

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%