Transporting Cookies?

Business By lmn4881 Updated 15 Oct 2007 , 10:55pm by crazy4sugar

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:13am
post #1 of 7

I use a rental kitchen and have 15 dozen cookies to make. I don't have any storagee at the kitchen and have to transport all my things plus what I bake back and forth to decorate etc.

Does anyone have any ideas how to transport flooded cookies in my minivan without ruining them? I have to bring them home to dry then take them back to the kitchen to decorate and then home again to dry. There has to be an easier way than this.

Thanks in advance!

6 replies
crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:34am
post #2 of 7

I'd place them in big plastic bins lined with non-stick shelf liner. Sorry to tell you that it'll probably take 12 cookies per bin = 15 bins.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:35am
post #3 of 7

Can you find some boxes (or have some made up at a shipping place) that are the same size as your cooling racks? You could stack the racks of cookies inside the boxes, and the cookies wouldn't slide off because the racks fit snugly inside the boxes. I've heard of people having boxes made up that open on the largest side, instead of the top, so that they can slide things in instead of lowering stuff down through the top. Then they use velcro straps to keep them closed when they're transporting cakes or whatever.

Let us know what you come up with.....

Deanna

lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:49am
post #4 of 7

We did buy some rubbermaid bins that will hold around 2 1/2 dozen cookies but That gets to be a lot of bins in the van. I wish there was a way to stack them.... some kind of rack or something....

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

Can you find some boxes (or have some made up at a shipping place) that are the same size as your cooling racks? You could stack the racks of cookies inside the boxes, and the cookies wouldn't slide off because the racks fit snugly inside the boxes. I've heard of people having boxes made up that open on the largest side, instead of the top, so that they can slide things in instead of lowering stuff down through the top. Then they use velcro straps to keep them closed when they're transporting cakes or whatever.

Let us know what you come up with.....

Deanna

This is such a great idea!!!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 7

Get a big under-bed type rubbermaid with a lid. You then need to cut some big pieces of cardboard that will fit snugly inside. You can layer the cookies, dividing the cardboards with those plastic prong things that are used to stop the lid of a pizza box squishing the pizza (available wherever you can buy pizza boxes). Have also read that someone used upside down plastic easter egg halves. Anything that is cheap, washable and you can get lots of easily will work.
You should be able to get them all in one or two big boxes then.
HTH

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 10:55pm
post #7 of 7

Love these ideas!

Just remember: you need some type of non-skid mat to keep the cookies from sliding around and banging into each other!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%