First Time For Everything I Guess.... I Need Help Again!

Decorating By OhMyGoodies Updated 16 Dec 2006 , 2:51am by sarzoemom

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 18

Ok I took the Dora cake outta the oven and layed a clean towel on top and started pressing down... I burnt my wrist on her damn feet icon_cry.gif Ok so it's a burn that goes straight across my wrist like where you wear your watch... What can I put on it to make it stop burning and hurting????? I don't have any burn spray or ointment here and can't get any until tonight so I need one of those home remedies that works!!!

Someone suggested butter for it but the someone else said butter won't work.... It hurts so bad!!!!! icon_cry.gif icon_redface.gif

17 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 18

The only thing I know is ice it for as long as you can. And don't you dare stick it in hot water to wash dishes!!!

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 18

I'm guessing you don't have an aloe plant? That would work real good, did you try the butter? If not, see how it works, it can't do any harm. Get an aloe plant, they're easy to take care of, and work great for burns, I've used it many times. Hope you feel better...also try taking some motrin or advil, it'll take the edge off.

rayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rayven Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 18

I did that not too long ago. I first put my arm under cold water, then used iced an ice pack, but don't leave it on constantly, just off and on. Then I put neosprin on it. Don't ever use butter! It will only cook it more!

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 18

If you have Orajel or sunburn creme--that's good.

And---believe it or not?? TOOTHPASTE!! Just plain old fashioned white colored toothpaste like Colgate or whatever. Has menthol in it and whatever--takes the burn away pretty quick.

I've also heard of plain egg-whites. (right out of the fridge)

I SWAR. I hope you feel better soon. Let us know!

--Knox--

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 18

Dont do the butter. I have been told that it will cook the burn spot even more. Other than try to have an ointment for burns on hand I cant help you for the pain. Sorry about the burn.

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 18

I didn't know that about the butter, now I know never to try it, ouch.

sirius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sirius Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:30pm
post #8 of 18

i guess this must be too late, but i always use flour - yes flour! i rub it vigorously into the burned area, OUCH, for at least five minutes. after that i use a sterile gauze wrap, pack the area with more flour and wrap securely. i've NEVER had a burn that blistered or scarred. please, all of you who read this post - remember the flour next time, it really works.
hope your burn's not too bad. take care.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:39pm
post #9 of 18

I think you have to be a little older to remember the Butter.

Our Moms use to put Butter on our burns, that was the big thing.
Then it came out that the butter actually cooks the skin. That's why you don't hear about it anymore.

You should see the scars on my arms from all the times I burnt myself.

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 4:39pm
post #10 of 18

the best thing to do with burns (for next time) is to RUN to the sink as fast as you can and run COLD water over it for a couple minutes, and then again with water/and or ice. THis is what First Aid recommends. The only thing worth putting on it from there is a cream that has a bit of a pain killer in it, but never butter, never petroleum as that traps heat inside and makes the burn worse. Also, the only wrap is guaze to protect it, but keep it dry, which is important. Also, if it blisters, leave the blisters intact, don't lance them. They will heal faster and better if you let your body take care of itself.

I burn myself WAY too often!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 5:01pm
post #11 of 18

lol berry you're funny you must burn yourself often icon_sad.gif

Thank you all so much!!!! Yall just don't know how stupid I felt lol as many times as I've baked cakes and cupcakes and stuff and I've not burnt myself in so long since I was a child icon_sad.gif Oh except for thanksgiving when I was putting the mac n cheese in the oven I hit the oven wall with my knuckles icon_sad.gif OUCHY!!!!

I have a very high pain tollerance (sp) so it takes me awhile to realize something is hot or hurting me -- only reason I can handle tattoos lol -- so my wrist was sitting on her darn feet for a few seconds about 10 - 20 seconds before I realized it icon_sad.gif it's not really bad of a burn it just hurts.... lol I read somewhere about using colgate well belive it or not we grew up using colgate and there isn't a tube in the house icon_cry.gif she uses mentadent now lol so I tried a bit of that and it's helped some icon_smile.gif

I also ran it under cold water right when it happened and it lessoned the pain a bit. Then the pain came back lol so I came here. Thanks to everyone for your great ideas and fast responses. This will come in handy for the next one icon_biggrin.gif

Becky

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 5:25pm
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

Ok I took the Dora cake outta the oven and layed a clean towel on top and started pressing down... I burnt my wrist on her damn feet icon_cry.gif Ok so it's a burn that goes straight across my wrist like where you wear your watch... What can I put on it to make it stop burning and hurting????? I don't have any burn spray or ointment here and can't get any until tonight so I need one of those home remedies that works!!!

Someone suggested butter for it but the someone else said butter won't work.... It hurts so bad!!!!! icon_cry.gif icon_redface.gif

oh my Honey I'm so sorry that happened to you...I hope that I'm not being redundant..but if you have any mint toothpaste in the house....slab some on there..

and if it's the sensitive gum/teeth one even better. I find that the menthol in the toothpaste cools down a burn faster than you can say jackrabbit!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 9:02pm
post #13 of 18

I know it sounds gross, but you can also use mustard to help cool a burn. That's what we always did when I was doing fast food! icon_rolleyes.gif

coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 9:13pm
post #14 of 18

My mom and grandmother both keep a spray bottle of bleach under their sink for burn incidents. It works really well. It gets rid of the sting right away and it doesn't blister. Sounds crazy, but it works!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 1:18am
post #15 of 18

Isn't this funny all the different ways to take care of burns. I love hearing the different ways. I may not always be prepared with modern meds but now I know that there are more than one way to cure the pain. Thanks to this site that is sooo big and diverse.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 1:27am
post #16 of 18

Isn't a potato the best thing?

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 1:29am
post #17 of 18

OK, never butter ALWAYS egg whites!
Works like a charm!
Hope you feel better!

sarzoemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarzoemom Posted 16 Dec 2006 , 2:51am
post #18 of 18

I have heard if you dissolve asprin in water and dab it on with a cotton ball it will help.
I know vinegar works for sunburns but I don't know about burns? Worth a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%