First Topsy Turvy

Decorating By misterc Updated 7 Jul 2007 , 4:21am by makenice99

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 6:46am
post #31 of 40

Here are the pictures that Risque sent me to resize of her pan and "naked" cake. Thanks for sharing RB!!

Pan looks soo cool! Stupid question - if one side is higher than the other how do you fill it enough to rise fully on the taller side?

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 1:19pm
post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Here are the pictures that Risque sent me to resize of her pan and "naked" cake. Thanks for sharing RB!!

Pan looks soo cool! Stupid question - if one side is higher than the other how do you fill it enough to rise fully on the taller side?

the pics don't show up...!!??

RisqueBusiness Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 1:20pm
post #33 of 40

ha..they show up in my quote...lol Ok, here is the review on the pans...since I baked 2 at a time, they took a long time...like almost 90 min to bake..

plus I had them on a cookie sheet, There is a hole in the cake because I was overzealous with the spray around the edges and didn't spray as much in the center of the pan...( silly me)

I used a cake mix with extender and it filled the 2 pans that I used very nice!!

I got nice crisp edges and there was no need for me to level the bottoms (top)

Drawbacks:

They don't have a smaller pan than an 8" right now, and they would take a long time to bake in a home oven ( since I didn't want to crank up my big one I used the regular oven on the stove I have in the shop)

but other than that, I'm happy with the results and would recommend them to anyone that would like to save themselves a construction step on these whimsical cakes!

Hope this helps!!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 4:43pm
post #34 of 40

Thanks Risquee!!! And where did you get them? And around how much are they? I would LOVE to get some! Thanks again for everything and for sharing your opinions, even though you are drowning in work!

Happy Holidays everybody!

RisqueBusiness Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 5:03pm
post #35 of 40

"N" I have to wait on Jackie and Heath, they may be interested in contacting the person that designed them and having them for sale here at cc.

If not..then if you pm me so I can have you on my "file" of things to do..lol

I will get back with you with all that info..the same with anyone else..

but, it will be a while..giving CC a chance at these first...

thanks!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 5:14pm
post #36 of 40

Cool, I understand! After all CC has done for me and my cakes, I'll be more than happy to get them from them!

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 5:18pm
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqueBusiness

"N" I have to wait on Jackie and Heath, they may be interested in contacting the person that designed them and having them for sale here at cc.

If not..then if you pm me so I can have you on my "file" of things to do..lol

I will get back with you with all that info..the same with anyone else..

but, it will be a while..giving CC a chance at these first...

thanks!

I am going to pm you too if that is ok. Thanks for sharing!

RisqueBusiness Posted 23 Dec 2006 , 5:20pm
post #38 of 40

sure...anyone interested can pm me...if cc doesn't carry these I will give you the info..

if they decide to carry them , I will let you know..just put topsy turvey in the header and I will save your pm!

thanks!!

Merry Christmas

cakegirl68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl68 Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 11:16pm
post #39 of 40

I bought my pans at Miles Cake and Candy Supply in Miami, FL. They have a web site. These pans are hard to get because they are made in Venezuela and they are in short supply. http://www.milescakes.com/ thumbs_up.gif
LL
LL

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 4:21am
post #40 of 40

Wow, those are cool pans. I checked the site but don't see a price. How much are they. Is it sold as a full set ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%