Passions (Direct Tv)

Lounge By kellertur Updated 16 Oct 2007 , 7:59pm by kellertur

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:08am
post #1 of 10

Hi,
Ok, so I'll admit to watching a "soap" while my 2yr old naps... but it's the only one I've ever really liked. If you watch the show, you'll understand how hilarious it can be (almost sci-fi ish) icon_twisted.gif

Anyway, my question is: What in the world do you think Pilar could possibly have done that would ultimately end with the death of her entire family??? This has really made me curious... please offer your thoughts.

By the way, hate that Gwen. icon_evil.gif

...quite the guilty pleasure. And now that it's on direct tv, there are re-runs if you miss a show... yay.

9 replies
flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:59am
post #2 of 10

I don't have direct tv. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Could you please tell me what's going on? I really miss it!!!!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:47am
post #3 of 10

I have been reading the recap on some page I found on the internet!

kellertur Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 10

Sure I'll tell you what's happening (we almost weren't able to get direct tv 'cause they had trouble finding a signal.... phew icon_smile.gif )

Theresa and Ethan were married (or so they thought...) OH you might not know that Alister IS alive he tried to poison Theresa with strawberries (but Ethan ate them and went into a coma for a few weeks) --- anyway, Ethan awoke remember Theresa had been saying he DID have a son. Being a "Bi_ _h" icon_evil.gif , (and just as Theresa was about to tell Ethan that Little Ethan was his biological son)... Gwen barged in with a "mystery" baby saying she found out she was pregnant with Ethan's son after she left Harmony. (Personally, I think she had Ethan cloned somehow 'cause his DNA matches, supposedly)
icon_razz.gif Just as I suspected months ago, before Chad was "outed", Valery and Vincent ARE the same person... (I'm good!) Vincent is alive, but tormenting his mother into complete dementia. Which makes it disgusting that Valery/Vincent had sex with Julian (he has no idea who Valery really is....) icon_redface.gif
I'm kind of board right now of the whole Kay, Tabitha thing... Endora and Miguel are missing... Fox is dead, Whitney moved to New Orlans, Fancy has a "mind control" nasal implant so Alister (and Pretty) can lure her away from Luis. Sheridan and Luis found out that Marty is STILL alive. Ivy and Sam are getting back together, but Ivy wants Kay arrested for being a serial killer... (let me know if you want more info on that).

I'll stop there, let me know if you want me to keep you updated... my husband and I both love the show (but don't admit it to many people) icon_redface.gif

You know, this show is proving to be truly ground breaking... it deals with subject matter no other soap would dare delve into... thumbs_up.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 10

OMG...I didn't think anybody watched that but me. It has been my guilty pleasure since the first episode 8 years ago. It happens to have started a month after I had my son and I was home for the first time in my life.

Do you remember how innocent Theresa used to be? And how many Kays and Jessicas they went through. I miss the first Ethan...and the first Fox...but I like this Miguel
And I really miss the whole LUIS/Sheridan affair. OMG is he not the hottest man on TV? I loved their story....now she's mean thumbsdown.gif

anyway....I haven't watched in a few days...sounds like I better tune it later icon_lol.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 10

LOL this is too funny! I never watched soaps in my life until I lost my job and I became hooked on this one! Even arranging my day so I could be here to watch it .. until they switched it to direct TV now I don't get it at all and I feel like I am actually missing something in my life .. isn't that sad! It's kinda nice to know how everyone is doing ... I am pathetic .. icon_redface.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

OMG...I didn't think anybody watched that but me. It has been my guilty pleasure since the first episode 8 years ago.

LOL same here! I was so dissapointed when NBC took it off the air, I don't have direct TV, and at least on NBC I could go online and watch the episodes after they aired.

Thanks for the update tynie! some of the stuff I knew... and other stuff I didn't (When did Fox die?.. I am guessing it has something to do with Kay?)

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 6:29pm
post #8 of 10

Here's a link to a site that does daily recaps with pictures, spoilers, surveys, Passion news and comings and goings for those of you without direct TV.

http://www.soapoperafan.com/passions/

I'm a huge fan and I hate that Teresa and Ethan can't just be happy together for once.

As for Pilar, I think that maybe Allister raped her or she had an affair with him and he's actually the father of either Teresa or Paloma. Even though he married Teresa he may not know it and JTs memory stick reveals it.

kellertur Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

OMG...I didn't think anybody watched that but me. It has been my guilty pleasure since the first episode 8 years ago.

LOL same here! I was so dissapointed when NBC took it off the air, I don't have direct TV, and at least on NBC I could go online and watch the episodes after they aired.

Thanks for the update tynie! some of the stuff I knew... and other stuff I didn't (When did Fox die?.. I am guessing it has something to do with Kay?)

I'm fairly certain that Kay is the red herring here detective.gif ... and that Alistair is behind his death... afterall he killed Chad, his own son, etc, etc...

I would LOVE to know if this soap is was orig. based in Maine (where I am from) because we have a Harmony, ME and the pilot had Maine accents including the use of the word "Ahuh" which is very northern Maine.
And YES, Luis is HOT! The orig Fox is married to the actress that plays Theresa... (saw that in Parents Mag of all places...)

The orig. Ethan can be seen on Scrubs, and has incredible comedic timing. I am kind of hoping that Grace comes back somehow... I really liked her energy for the show.

kellertur Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 7:59pm
post #10 of 10

Shaynamills, your reply really has me wondering...

Does anyone else think it's possible that Pilar might be "Spike's" mother??? perhaps w/ Alister??? Raped, etc... icon_eek.gif
Spike is a misfit, no family, morals, etc... and he kind of looks hispanic (I don't mean that in any sort of offensive way). icon_redface.gif
And Spike is an unsavory character, perhaps Alister has corupted him since birth (like Vincent). He's tied to Alister one way or another...

Let me know if you all think I'm crazy icon_razz.gif ... Her secret is really getting under my skin.

I'd really like to keep this forum going icon_wink.gif - only my husband watches the show.... and that's when he has the day off..

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%