patticakesnc Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:25am
post #2 of 10

Here is one from my Hersheys cookbook

3 cups of Semi sweet choc. chips
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
dash of salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Line 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil extending over edges of pan.

Melt choc chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in walnuts and vanilla. Spread in prepared pan.

Put in fridge for 2 hours or until firm.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:30am
post #3 of 10

This is the one that my cousin and I have used on CANDY DAYS for 19 years (this year). Really easy and CAN NOT FAIL!!

1 1/2 sticks butter/margarine
3 cups sugar
2/3 cup evap. milk
1 12 oz. bag chocolate chips (semi sweet, milk choc, whatever your preference)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 7 oz. jar marshmallow creme

In a heavy saucepan (preferably non stick) combine 1st three ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until comes to a FULL rolling boil. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add Marshmallow Creme and vanilla. Allow to "melt" a little then use a whisk to beat into sugar mixture. Add choc. chips and beat until smooth and creamy. Pour into a buttered 8X8 square pan and allow to cool. Cut into 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 pieces. YIELD: Approx 25-30 pieces of candy.
**You can put this in the frig if you want.

ENJOY and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Beth in KY

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:35am
post #4 of 10

My Daddy has always made the best fudge I have ver tasted. I have asked for years for the recipe. He finally gave it to me. He called me & his exact words were " My recipe is hard to make. I go to the store. Pick up the jar of marshmellow fluff. Follow the directions from there." I have no idea what the recipe really is. He was being a smarty. He said it's actually really easy to make. I hope you find one you like.

NormaB63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NormaB63 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:36am
post #5 of 10

here's the recipe I have used for years. It's called Easy Fudge I just made some yesterday for My Grandson

2 cubes margerine
5 cups sugar
1 can evaporated milk
1 pkg. 12 oz. chocolate chips
1 pkg. marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla
Put margerine, sugar, and milk in a pan, bring to a boil and boil to soft ball stage (240 degrees). Remove from heat--add chocolate chips, marshmallows, vanilla and nuts (optional) Stir altogether. Pour in a greased pan and cool. Makes about 5 pounds.

missyv110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyv110 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:33pm
post #6 of 10

The first recipe above, with the sweetened condensed milk, is amazingly easy and delicious. I scoop some of the batch & roll it thin, chill, then cut out shapes for the tops of cupcakes. It's dark, rich & addictive.

WARNING: If you store this in the fridge, do NOT take a piece out and microwave it for four seconds. It then becomes a semi warm lump of heavenly, smooth fudge and you will IMMEDIATELY go back to the fridge and eat seven more. No question.

sarzoemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarzoemom Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 10

I use to always make the first recipe but last year tried the one with the marshmallows and wow, what a fudge! I ate the whole batch by myself in 2 days! *insert bloated smilie*

rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 1:52pm
post #8 of 10

I know I'm wierd, but I don't care for the marshmallow type fudges. I prefer the firmer texture of an old fashioned fudge. Here's a recipe I've been using for years:

Mix in a saucepan and bring to a boil:
1 Cup sugar
1 small pkg chocolate pudding mix (NOT instant)
1/2 Cup evaporated milk
1 Tablespoon butter

Boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.

Add 1 cup chopped nuts

Beat until thickened. Pour into buttered pan. Makes 1 1/2 lbs.

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 2:20pm
post #9 of 10

Here is the Original Kraft Fantasy Fudge recipe which used to be on the Marshmallow Creme jar. They have changed it (about 5 yrs ago) & the new one is just not right! icon_eek.gif As a devout chocoholic, I need to go make some now... icon_cry.gif

FANTASY FUDGE

Yes, this is the original Fantasy Fudge recipe from the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Creme jar. We'll never know why they changed the recipe on us, but we've preserved the recipe for you right here.

Makes about 117

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 tablespoon vanilla

Traditional method:
Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling bail, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla beat till blended. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares.

Microwave method:
Microwave margarine in 4-quart microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until melted. Add sugar and milk; mix well. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until mixture begins to boil, stirring after 3 minutes. Mix well; scrape bowl. Continue microwaving on HIGH 5-1/2 minutes; stir after 3 minutes. Stir in chips until melted. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Cool at room temperature; cut into squares. Makes 3 pounds.

Note: Can be made in a smaller pan for thicker squares (yield will be reduced).

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:38pm
post #10 of 10

I don't care for the ohhh too sweet stuff with choc. bits and marshmallow cream...that stuff is really candy, not fudge imo. I make fudge with the following recipe and can be adapted for Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Penoche or really any flavor by using extracts in the plain recipe.
Butter a 8' foil lined pan.
3 cups sugar
(if you want chocolate fudge, add 1/2 cup Hershey Cocoa and mix with the sugar.)
1 cup of heavy cream ( or evaporated milk, I like real cream)
2 tbsp. light corn syrup (mix the sugar, cocoa if added, cream and corn syrup to disolve sugar)
Add 1/2 cup real butter (or margarine, but butter is best)
(note* buttering the sides of your pot will help keep sugar crystals from forming, also use a heavy pot, I use an old pressure cooker pot just for fudge making)
Cook over med. heat while you stir with a wooden spoon.
When mixture begins to boil do not stir, turn down fire to medium low, let the fudge come to 235 degrees on candy thermometer or drop a bit of syrup into a small amount of very cold water for the soft ball test. I do both tests because you never know when thermometer could be off.
If you have made PLAIN FUDGE, and want to make PEANUT BUTTER, add 1 cup peanut butter 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 cup mini marshmallows. Beat with a hand mixer until it begins to lose its gloss and quickly pour into a buttered foil lined pan, if you are really into peanuts...put some finely chopped peanuts to the buttered pan before you pour the fudge, when set lift out the foil and flip the fudge. Don't refridgerate fudge, when cut it will lose it's freshness rather quickly if not covered tightly.
For CHOCOLATE FUDGE, after removing from heat...add vanilla and any other ingredients you want like 1/2 cup peanut butter for peanut butter-chocolate, nuts and mini marshmallows for rocky road, or if you wanted a black walnut fudge, add chopped english walnuts and black walnut extract.
let fudge cool to lukewarm, speed this up by setting pan on ice, beat by hand you will see it thickens up fast...pour into 8' buttered pan.
MAPLE NUT, Maple extract and choice of nuts.
To make the PENUCHE FUDGE, replace white sugar with 2 cups brown sugar and add chopped pecans after fudge is cooked. As a rule I add about 1/2 to 1 cup of the mini marshmallows to all my fudge recipes, because it adds a creamy texture, don't add more than a cup though. Chocolate fudge is the only variety I let cool down before beating.
Sorry this is so long of a recipe/explanation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%