How To Make Road Cones For Racetrack

Decorating By sweettreat Updated 10 Oct 2007 , 5:20am by momvarden

sweettreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 8

need to make road cones for racetrack cake i need about 75 so i don't want to hand make with fondant what else could i do thanks

7 replies
cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 8

can you use ice cream cones, cut down to size? spray the cones the color you want.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:09am
post #3 of 8

If you get one of those make-your-own-mold kits at Michael's you could probably make a mold that would churn out...say...10 at a time or something, and use candy melts...? (They have one called Insta-Mold for $10, which is only $6 if you use the coupon). Unless you can find a cone-shaped chocolate mold online somewhere...?

Still handmade but at least would have some timesaving shortcuts..

Sorry, that's about all I'm good for!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:20am
post #4 of 8

i know you dont want to use fondant, but i honestly think that is going to be your best route. use a small square fondant cutter for the base and attach an orange cone rolled from fondant with a brush stroke of water.. it seems like it would go really fast actually. allow them to dry for a day if you have time. 75 of anything is going to take time- and i dont see much of a way around it.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:24am
post #5 of 8

What about royal or buttercream? Use a basketweave tip, smooth side up, pipe a small square, then use a round tip to pipe a cone on top. You could pat the top of the cone slightly if it come to too much of a point.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 5:03am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

What about royal or buttercream? Use a basketweave tip, smooth side up, pipe a small square, then use a round tip to pipe a cone on top. You could pat the top of the cone slightly if it come to too much of a point.

smart thinkin' thumbs_up.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 5:09am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by melysa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

smart thinkin' thumbs_up.gif

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Oh yeah, you can make stuff out of icing, I forgot !!

:THUMP:! icon_razz.gif

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 5:20am
post #8 of 8

what about candy corns

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%