Apple Tree?

Decorating By jjandascog Updated 4 Aug 2005 , 10:08pm by jjandascog

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have an idea for how I could make an 3-D apple tree out of royal icing or fondant? I need one for a cake I'm doing and I have a few ideas but I wanted to ask in case someone else has done this before or has a better idea than the things I've thought of...

2 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 3

Well, I've searched and searched and the only cake that even closely resembled a tree to me was this one by Earlene's Cakes... it's not a 3D cake though and read her note about she was glad they didn't ask her for one that was lol .. the only other thing I can think of to get a 3D effect would be to use the tall tier cake stand and somehow decorate the one of the longer sections as the tree trunk.. maybe using a small to medium cake plate and stacking round cakes up onto the cake plate and shaping it into a tree ... just an idea to think on .. hope this helps to at least get you started icon_smile.gif

http://www.earlenescakes.com/Trees.htm

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 3

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The tree is to stand on top of the cake. I don't think I'd have the nerve to try a 3-D tree cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%