Chocolate Covered Strawberries...duh

Decorating By USMC_SGTs_Lady Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 6:33pm by thedessertdiva

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 2

So I don't know about any of you but I have been looking for a trick to achieve completly rounded chocolate covered strawberries....i hate that i have to lay them down on wax paper and then i end up with a flat side on one side of the strawberry....i had posted a question on here a long time ago (i think, here, or on wilton) on how to acheive a completly rounded strawberry, but i didn't really get any suggestions...and well I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!! finally!
here is a link to a website that had a GREAT suggestion
http://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--1063/Chocolate-Covered-Strawberries.asp
i would have never thought to stick the other end of the toothpick into styrofoam... GENIUS!!! so now that i have found this solution i thought i would share it with other people...i also got thinking, i have these short bamboo skewers that i could also use in place of the toothpicks that are like 5 inches long...those might be even better to use...this way i got more 'stick' to work with as i stick it into the styrofoam....can't wait to try this method now!!!

1 reply
thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 2

That IS genius!!! I hated the flat sided strawberries, so I really didn't make them...now I will! Thanks, USMC_SGTs_Lady ! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%