Wedding Cupcakes?

Decorating By CherryBomb Updated 12 Oct 2007 , 3:04am by melkneec

CherryBomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBomb Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 5

How far in advance can I make Saturday's wedding cupcakes? Also, what's the best way to transport them? I was think of lining them up in a sheet cake box.

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 5

I would line them in a sheet box, i wouldn't bake before wednesday if using a mix.

CherryBomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBomb Posted 11 Oct 2007 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 5

I guess I was just worried about them drying out.

Joanie4464 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanie4464 Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 2:57am
post #4 of 5

Hi,
This summer cupcakes weddings have kept me very busy! I usually do all my baking about 2 days ahead. I leave myself a day to make the flowers or whatever is on them and the frosting. The day before the wedding I put them together. I store my cupcakes in containers like deli trays I get at Sysco. The large ones will hold about 15-20 cupcakes depending on the size of your cakes. I line the bottom of the trays with gripper and those little babies will not move during transport, and the clear covers keep them nice and fresh. I also reuse my containers. To transport I stack three trays and tape them together with packing tape. Therefore each bundle of trays will be almost 60 cupcakes. I think the most I made was a bit over 300.......quite a sight!
Let us know how you make out! What kind are they?
Joanie

melkneec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melkneec Posted 12 Oct 2007 , 3:04am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanie4464

Hi,
This summer cupcakes weddings have kept me very busy! I usually do all my baking about 2 days ahead. I leave myself a day to make the flowers or whatever is on them and the frosting. The day before the wedding I put them together. I store my cupcakes in containers like deli trays I get at Sysco. The large ones will hold about 15-20 cupcakes depending on the size of your cakes. I line the bottom of the trays with gripper and those little babies will not move during transport, and the clear covers keep them nice and fresh. I also reuse my containers. To transport I stack three trays and tape them together with packing tape. Therefore each bundle of trays will be almost 60 cupcakes. I think the most I made was a bit over 300.......quite a sight!
Let us know how you make out! What kind are they?
Joanie

Great tip for transport!! I will have to try that next time.

Melanie icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%