Need Filling Help Asap!

Decorating By shebellas Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 3:14pm by mamacc

shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:33am
post #1 of 9

I need suggestions PLEASE!!!!

I am doing an Over the Hill cake for a co-workers suprise birthday party on Friday night however I have to deliver the cake on Friday morning and there is no means of refridgerating it...so I am having trouble coming up with a filling...

I have Rich's Bettercreme in vanilla and was wondering if I could mix a dry packet of flavored instant pudding into it to get the flavor I'm looking for...has anyone tried this?

I think I'm going to do a French Vanilla or Butter Cake and I would like to do a cheesecake or Chocolate filling...

any ideas?

THANKS!

8 replies
mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:44am
post #2 of 9

You know what's really good? It's called "Marida's mousse". You use one pudding mix and all you do is whip in 2 C of heavy cream. White chocolate is amazing! I just used this in a wedding cake this past weekend. This can be left out overnight too.

Courtney

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:48am
post #3 of 9

Here's Shirley W's faux bavarian cream filling:
(Calls for Pastry Pride, but Rich's Bettercreme will work fine.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2396-Bavarian-Cream-Filling.html

This thread has other recipes using Rich's Bettercreme/Pastry Pride:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-1814171-.html

HTH

shebellas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebellas Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:55am
post #4 of 9

Fellow CC'rs you are life savers!!!! Thank you so much for the quick and helpful responses!

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:17am
post #5 of 9

Courtney, how is it you can leave the mousse filling out?? Won't the heavy cream go bad??

mamacc Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:25am
post #6 of 9

It's not my recipe but I was told that it could be left out....not that I would leave it out for a week or anything. I'm no expert but I think it depends on the sugar and fat content.

Ganache has heavy cream in it and it can be left out...

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:42pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacc

You know, I've read conflicting information on ganache sitting out, and the majority says that it can't. I wish we had a food scientist here to let us know for sure! icon_smile.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 9

pre-whipped Rich's Bettercreme,
an 8 ounce package of cream cheese that has been beaten until smooth and creamy,
and blended with one small box of ANY flavored pudding

blend the cream cheese and pudding until smooth and creamy.

add two cups of the pre-whipped bettercreme and stir until smooooooooth.

fold in 4 more cups(a little more/a little less...depending on how strong you want the flavor to be...more bettercreme=milder flavor)

you could even fold in fruit filling....do that after stirring in the initial amount of bettercreme but before folding in the final amount of bettercreme.

OR

blend cream cheese with about a 1/4 cup powdered sugar and a cup of peanut butter instead of the pudding then continue with the rest of the above recipe.

That stuff is so versatile and stable...I love it!

mamacc Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacc

You know, I've read conflicting information on ganache sitting out, and the majority says that it can't. I wish we had a food scientist here to let us know for sure! icon_smile.gif

What about truffles? They are left out and they have a ganache center... I would love to hear more from a food scientest too.

Courtney

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%