Soooo Pissed!!!!!

Business By andrea7 Updated 14 Dec 2006 , 11:08am by janbabe

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 9:49pm
post #31 of 39

kelleym I am sorry but the "Christian" statement was her's that she always says she is. The quotation marks are mine. I should have left that out. Forgiving one's debt is up to the business person. I know a monetary debt will always be outstanding on her books. But the personal part can be healing.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 10:09pm
post #32 of 39

I can relate to this sort of nonsense. I taught a cookie class about a month or so ago, and the place I taught at asked to give the students a "grade the teacher/class" survey at the end. I personally hate those things, but work is work. I glanced at them at the end, most were good, a couple were fair but one lady took it upon herself to launch a personal attack on me. And it was vicious and vile and everything. I suffer from depression and that was a definite trigger! I was so thrown by it that the next day I didn't want to get out of bed, but as hard as it was I forced myself out of bed, showered and dressed and called my girlfriend who took me to lunch and we ran our errands all day. She talked me out of it and helped me get over it (not let the depression grab hold.) These kind of things could hurt me financially also. After I got over the initial shock of it I decided that this poor unfortunate soul was obviously seriously removed from reality (as witnessed by her survey as compared to all the others.) Thankfully my boss has a good head on her shoulders and she recognizes that too. Good luck my dear -- and remember, she has to account to God for her dealings with you, but you also must account to the same God for how you handle this. icon_smile.gif

andrea7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andrea7 Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 10:21pm
post #33 of 39

Thanks everyone for your sweet words!!!! I'm gonna forgive the debt and know that one day she will get what's coming to her. I feel kinda sad for her now. Thanks again. Andrea

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 10:24pm
post #34 of 39

She's probably angry over her divorce. icon_lol.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 10:25pm
post #35 of 39

If there is one thing I know, that's Karma. I should know it's bit me in the butt a few times.

Too bad Karma will bite this bride too.

Divinekreationz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Divinekreationz Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 3:47am
post #36 of 39

You should definitely find a way to post a reply to these ladies comments. But be prepared in the world of us BRAVE entrepeneurs customers dealings can be gruesome. I have learned after 5 years of business, you just cant please everyone. After all the small business training I thought I had no one told me how to protect my feelings and how to protect my reputation. Keep going strong and hold your head high at the end of the day, you know what kind of work you have done!

Good luck!

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 8:19am
post #37 of 39

I can't resist... I have to say this...

NO! NO! NO!!!!!! DO NOT FORGIVE THE DEBT SHE OWES YOU! She did not come to you and ask for any money back because of ANY sort of problem, she didn't call you to ask for a payment plan because she's hit a rough patch in life.. COME ON, she is defaming your business. SHE has not EARNED that $75 discount on her cake. You didn't do $75 in less quality of work on it. You didn't drop a tier.. You did everything right.

The right thing to do NOW in this situation is to collect your $75. Yes, in certain circumstances, I'm all for forgiving debt, but the reality is, my husband is who deals with collections out at work (for IL's), and I've heard every sob story in the book to know when to forgive debt because they've learned their lesson (and they STILL have to pay DOUBLE what they didn't want to pay the first time if they don't want to go to court and have THEFT written on their record) and when to introduce them to my friend in the brown uniform with the badge and shiny 9mm for THEFT. Yes, you are dealing with $75 in THEFT from your business right now. She isn't showing you any remorse or consideration of the money she KNOWS she owes you. She hasn't called you to set up any sort of payment or said to you PERSONALLY that she had any problems. Even if she does at this point, it's already too late.

Yes, it's a pain in the butt, but you HAVE to follow through and collect the debt you're owed. Discover, Visa, Mastercard, your suppliers, your bank, your favorite store, etc. don't care why YOU don't have $75 to settle up a debt.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 8:40am
post #38 of 39

You go Girl! thumbs_up.gif

janbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janbabe Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 11:08am
post #39 of 39

I think now, whatever you feel would put your mind at rest you have to do. If that means forgiving the debt then so be it, but you worked hard on doing her cake to her specifications and you deserve to be paid. If we all waved our fees if someone was slow in paying or unhappy then we'd all go broke!
Maybe now forget the message board as it seems to have taken care of itself, but a letter to the bride asking for her outstanding payment should be sent. If you have no joy after sending the letter, then its up to you whether you let it drop or have the energy to pursue it further.

What goes around comes around, your work is good and you are reliable, people will recognise this and you can carry on giving the good work you always have. The brides lies however, have already starting fraying very badly at the edges .... so take this comforting info and know you are right.
cheers
Jan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%