Business Cards And "water Marks"

Business By DisneyDreamer Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 3:26pm by MimiFord

DisneyDreamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisneyDreamer Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 12

hey there everyone i am making business cards to give out when i go to bakery's looking for a job! where is the best and cheapest place to go! also i want to put a water mark on my photos not that they are great or anything i just want it to be know they are mine how did i do that my "symbol" is a shamrock any help would be great thanks

11 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 12

I got my business cards from http://www.vistaprint.com.

I really just give them out to people who ask when when I take a cake, so I did the 'free' ones and all I had to pay for was shipping and handling. But next time I think I'll upgrade. Either way they are not very expensive.

DisneyDreamer Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 12

thank you so much i found way kute premade cards and they are running a special 250 for 14.99 not bad thanks icon_smile.gif

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:21am
post #4 of 12

I love vista print. I have my cards watermarked. I just did it in Powerpoint then saved the image and uploaded it to the Vista website. They can help you with those things if needed.

GL!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:08am
post #5 of 12

I used VistaPrint as well, but paid $7.99 during a sale so that I didn't have their logo on the back. It's a good place to start.

DisneyDreamer Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 12

I PAID 43.00 FOR 1000 CARDS AND 25 MAGNET CARDS FOR MY FAMILY! bUT NOW I KEEP GETTING THESE E-MAILS SAYING I SINGED UP FOR SOMETHING THRU VISAPRINT AND THEY ARE CHARGING MY CARD

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 12

Whoa! Get deal on the cards!

I'm not sure about what email you could be talking about. I get promotional emails from Vistaprint, but nothing that I signed up for. Go to your Vistaprint account and see if you can find anything there.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:47pm
post #8 of 12

I love my vistaprint cards.
you need to watch the ads... some times they are FREE and sometimes they are discounted.... wait until they are FREE
then I uploaded my image (I used some of their grapics and Adobe Photoshop - they give you a template)
so I paid ~$5 for the custom image and ~$5 for shipping
...~$10 for 250 cards, I thought that was pretty good icon_lol.gif

DisneyDreamer Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:51pm
post #9 of 12

they are really kute to and very colorful!!! and for the cards them self it was 29.99! the magnets were 9.99 for 25 not a great deal but they were so kute!!! shipping was 10.00 icon_surprised.gif

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 12

oh, I forgot.
I watermark my photos now with Adobe Photoshop, but I'm sure you could use another program.
I made an image file with the logo and then ' duplicate the layer' onto the new cake photo.
(I use a translucent, color multiplying layer so that you can see the underlying image and it's harder to 'erase')
good luck!

thecakemancan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemancan Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:10pm
post #11 of 12

I make my business cards with microsoft publisher, you can buy blank business cards at Staples or any other school/business supply store.

I just design my own cards and print, and voila, they're done!

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 3:26pm
post #12 of 12

I've used Vista Print in the past - haven't had any problems with them or the quality of their work. I think you can also custom order other items for later on when you want to market your business a little further. They always have specials for repeat customers, and will e mail you to death sometimes, but they are the best money for the quality I've found so far.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%