Hamster...how Too??

Decorating By BellaRosa Updated 13 Dec 2006 , 4:11am by BellaRosa

BellaRosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 6:16am
post #1 of 7

My husband's buddy asked me to make a hamster cake for his daughter's bday. I am thinking ok, np.....but now he called and actually would like it to LOOK like a hamster instead of just a pic on a cake. HELP! lol

I was thinking maybe using the 3D egg pan & cutting off part of the bottom???? I figured out how to do the "fur" but I am at a loss for the actual shaping part. ALL help appreciated!!

THX
BellaRosa

6 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 6:27am
post #2 of 7

Found this in the gallery. Don't know if it will help:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-82076.html

BellaRosa Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 6:35am
post #3 of 7

THX! I need to look harder.....I blame sleep deprivation lol. I think I can use the bunny pan looking at the shape of that. Now I have to figure out how to fill it so it oozes.....warped I know, but I am dealing with Marines. icon_wink.gif

THX AGAIN!!!
BellaRosa

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 1:24am
post #4 of 7

Why do you need to fill it till it oozes?? Just curious...

The cake pic is my hamster cake. I didn't use any shaped pans, just round cakes stacked up. There is a hidden board supporting the head...

Good luck!
Courtney

BellaRosa Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 1:59am
post #5 of 7

He requested for it to be filled like a Krispy Kreme......I didnt ask why. lol

I love how you did the veggies & chips on the board. That is just too cute!! Did you use fondant to make the ear shapes? Also..which tip did you use to make the hair? It looks like a grass tip, but I wanted to make sure. Thats what I was thinking to use.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 3:21am
post #6 of 7

Yes, I used the grass tip, and fondant for the ears. The "shavings" didn't turn out exactly as I wanted them. I need to come up with a better method next time.

Are you making your own Krispy Kreme? Like the donuts?? Those are so yummy!!

Courtney

BellaRosa Posted 13 Dec 2006 , 4:11am
post #7 of 7

I am trying! lol I LOVE KRISPY KREME!!! I am looking around to see if I can find the recipe or a very similar tasting....otherwise I will buy a dozen and just scoop out the cream. lol I'm not getting paid & will be eating part of this cake so I know he won't care.....
.....guess I will have to eat all those KK too! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%