Can You Help Me Put These Ideas Together??

Decorating By melissablack Updated 4 Aug 2005 , 2:08pm by melissablack

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 5:58am
post #1 of 7

I need help! I have a last minute order, which I said I could do, 'cause it's for a friend, and I already said I would make the cake for him, then he had to move the date of the party to tomorrow instead of next week, so anyway, now I am frantic trying to put this cake together.

So here are the things I know for sure: I'm doing a two tier cake, 14" round and 10" round, with cream cheese icing. His wife, whom the cake is for, likes the basketweave, so I'm going to do that on the sides, and she liked my course II final cake with all the royal icing flowers on it, but I don't have time to make royal icing flowers, I'm just going to do roses cascading (i think!).

He just said to make it feminine colors, so I was thinking maybe doing it all in pink & brown, but I don't know how/where to incorporate each color. I'd prefer to ice the cake in pink, but then what color roses would I do? A darker shade of pink? brown?

Does anyone have any ideas, or pics you can show me? I've been browsing through pictures but I haven't seen anything that strikes my fancy. TIA

6 replies
missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 6:13am
post #2 of 7

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=36&pos=45

I found this under the pink/red folder in the color scheme cakes in the gallery. I am sure you already looked at it, but just in case....this is very nice...maybe it will get some more thoughts going in your creative mind! icon_wink.gif

If I find anything else, I will forward it on! icon_smile.gif

Hope this helped a little!!!
Leslie

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 6:14am
post #3 of 7

someone posted a picture of a basketweave cake on here that had the horizontal strips one color while the vertical weave were another. You could do light brown w/dark brown basketweave and add pink roses cascading....like in the rose on a dowel rod tutorial shows... ?

missmersh Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 6:24am
post #4 of 7

I found another cake on the internet and I have attached it to this post.
I think you might like this one better since it is more dominantly pink.

I really like it!!!

Leslie
LL

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 6:33am
post #5 of 7

I just love the pink & chocolate color combination. Both of these cakes are great. I just love missmersh though. It looks all buttercream too, so no drying time involved. Mind sharing what website you found this one one missmersh?

missmersh Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 6:42am
post #6 of 7

gma,
you are a dear! icon_rolleyes.gif
I hope I didn't come across by saying that I did those lovely cakes....I just found them and posted em for melissablack to get some ideas.
Is it a violation of the forum rules if we post links to other people's pictures to help someone out? I sure don't want to get kicked off here or offend someone....cause I just LOVE this site and everyone on here!!!! thumbs_up.gif
They ARE pretty aren't they! icon_smile.gif
The website for the tiffany-pink-chocolate cake is:
www.cheriscakesandcookies.com

Hey, did you try the piping gel writing yet? If so, how'd it do?

Leslie icon_smile.gif

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 2:08pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks ladies icon_smile.gif The b-day girl really likes the basketweave, so maybe I will try that with two different colors....

I love that site where you got that second pic, missmersh.... I copied (sort of) that pink rose top cake from that site a couple months ago!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%