Please Give Your Opinion!

Decorating By valora387 Updated 12 Dec 2006 , 8:20am by Zmama

valora387 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valora387 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 3:44am
post #1 of 7

First of all, I would like to thank LisaMS for the idea for this cake, which was based on a pic of one of her's.
Would you all mind looking into my pictures and giving me some feedback on my snowflake cake? It is the first one that I have done of that scale and magnitude, and I would just like some opinions from outside of my family. (They say everything I do is great, but they're biased!!!)
I know my dowels were too long (it wasn't as noticeable as it is in the photo), but I was wondering if there is anything else I could have improved on?
Thank you all in advance!!!!

6 replies
daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 3:49am
post #2 of 7

well, you already mentioned the dowels, so i'm sorry but i just can't find anything else wrong with it--it's very pretty -- you did a great job!!!!!

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 3:56am
post #3 of 7

Looks perfect to me great cake

valora387 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valora387 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 4:21am
post #4 of 7

Thank you both! This cake took forever, and the dowels were the wrong size because I just ran out of time! I had to transport it over two hours to get it to the party site, and we got there late! I really appreciate you both taking the time to give me feedback!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 4:28am
post #5 of 7

Perhaps add a little sparkle to the "snow"?

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 4:58am
post #6 of 7

i just left you a comment, but i will tell you now that your cake is perfect...

well done!

kylie

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 8:20am
post #7 of 7

My cakes are not great, I wouldn't even attempt this yet!

That said, it's a beautiful cake, but perhaps a couple things could be done. The blue is a bit bright, draws attention away from the white. A softer blue would match a bit better with the winter theme, but that's just my opinion. Also, unless she requested everything on pillars, stacking the bottom two with the top only raised could have showcased the ornaments better. Stacked seems to be what is in, and it allows you to really highlight the details.

This was done very nicely, and I'm sure she enjoyed it! Just some ideas for next time. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%