How To Dry Gum Paste Quickly

Decorating By cakemomne Updated 11 Dec 2006 , 7:19pm by cakemomne

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All

I would like to use my dehydrator to dry some gum paste tiles, they are 1" square and about 1/8" thick. Are there any issues with drying gum paste too quickly?

TIA

4 replies
boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 5

Not that i know of, try it on one to experiment, and see how it goes. Drying in a dehydrator sounds like a great idea, it'd be great if it works ; )
Let us know how it goes
cheers
Nati

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 5

one competitor dried her gumpaste swirly things in the dehydrator. I don't remember her name or which challenge it was but it was one that was on Food Network. She was the one that was showing how to insert the wire into a shape ...saying it was easier if you don't look at it while inserting the wire but to do it completely by feel. N E WAAAAAAY...she used a dehydrator and it looked as if it worked.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 5

I use a dehydrator all the time - works great! Be sure to lay your gum paste item on a piece of waxpaper or parchment so that it doesn't stick to the rack of the dehydrator.

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for the tips. I tried it and it worked great! Easy storage of the pieces until I need them is jut an extra bonus!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%