Making A Bundt/pumpkin Cake

Decorating By Cakerer Updated 6 Oct 2007 , 6:38pm by Cakerer

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I want to make a pumkin with 2 bundt cakes. Do I put the top cake on a board or will the bottom support it with no problem? Also, how do you serve the cake? Do you take it apart?

4 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 5

With the ones I've made I've just layered them like a layer cake, and slice and serve them that way. You would just cut a nice thin but tall slice! Good luck! (You can dowel it if you are concerned with it staying put!)

mrsbink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbink Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 5

I've made a cake like this a couple of times, and I didn't use a board between the two. Didn't have any problems with support. I also didn't take it apart before I cut it. But, we just had it at home with family and the pieces we cut out of it weren't the prettiest ever either, so I'm not sure how you would want to do that. Hope that helps. Enjoy your pumpkin!

QueLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueLinda Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 5

When I made one I just layered like a regular round it held up nicely, and sliced wedding cake sized.

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 5

Cool! Thanks for the advice! I have a large amount of orange fondant (from a clemson tiger cake) to get rid of. A pumpkin seems to be the logical choice at this point.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%