Help With Fondant

Decorating By Audrey551 Updated 6 Oct 2007 , 10:36am by wgoat5

Audrey551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Audrey551 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 2:53am
post #1 of 3

I am trying to make a fondant bluebird but my fondant is too soft. I am suppose to roll one piece into a teardrop for the body but it does not keep its shape. Is there anything I can add to make it stiffer?

2 replies
Manna4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manna4 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 2:59am
post #2 of 3

Add powder sugar.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 10:36am
post #3 of 3

Audrey you can use some tylose or Gumtex...it will give you a different texture and dry harder. If your fondant is too sticky or soft you may want to add just a TAD bit of PS. If it is just not keeping shape then it might just need some Gumtex or tylose to make it dry faster and harder. Birds are fairly easy. If you see the blue bird (kids helped me with this one) in my pics it was really easy. My fondant was pretty soft also. I just rolled the fondant in my hands making until I got the shape, the whole thing is one piece. I set it in front of a fan and then painted it. Then roughed it up a bit to make it look like it was an antique. Then I just took a yellow gel color and painted the beak several times . The beak did dry to a matte finish, in the pics it had just gotten it's last coat. My kids had a great time doing this with me icon_smile.gif

HTH's

Christi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%