How Do I Use The Chip Resetter For Epson Printer???

Decorating By Momof4luvscakes Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 2:07am by bearcreek350

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 6

I need to reset my printing cartridges for my Epson Printer. I do not know what to do with it. Has someone had to use this that can give me some instructions??? Please Help!!!!

5 replies
bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 1:54am
post #2 of 6

Oh wow, I have an Epson and a chip resetter and haven't had to use it yet. I will be very interested in the answeres you get!

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 6

I have an Epson and don't know anything about resetting. Can you tell me why you need to do that. The only problem I have had is that my printer wouldn't work once and we found out that you need to turn it off when not in use. I turned it off and back on again and it has worked fine every time since then.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 6

I have the chip resetter and don't know how to use it either. I just bought refillable cartridges on ebay that reset themselves so I don't have to mess with it and you don't have to take them to refill them. Should save money in the long run because the cartridges from kopykake cost me $72 and the refill kit was $40 (for approx. 4 refills). The empty cartridges on ebay were approx. $30

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 8:49pm
post #5 of 6
bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 2:07am
post #6 of 6

Thanks Tiggy2! Great thread. Since I already have my inks from Kopykake, I will just buy the refills.
The chip resetter is for when your printer is telling you your ink is empty and you know it really isn't. Then you use the resetter, but like i said, I haven't had to try it yet. Wish I had known about the empty cartridges Tiggy2 was talking about!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%