Bee Closeup Pics

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 5 Oct 2007 , 3:14pm by wgoat5

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 10:30am
post #1 of 9

I need to do a bunch of bees done in either gp or gp/f mix. I know there are pics of the bees on here but I was wondering if anybody had any close up pictures, Im not quite understanding the wings icon_confused.gif . Do most people do the wings in white?

Thanks for responding

And have a wonderful day fellow CCers!

Christi

8 replies
bbarnes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbarnes Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 11:30am
post #2 of 9

Hi I have a debbie brown book and the wings on the bees that she made were made of gumpaste just glued onto the bees back side by side. also, you could use wafer paper or gelatine sheets.(these are hard to find)

wgoat5 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 11:40am
post #3 of 9

yeah I haven't been able to find the gelatine sheets. And don't have any wafer paper. I guess just white wings done like you said Brenda. Glued either with a small dot of RI or gum glue. Brenda does that Debbie Brown book have a bunch of figures in it?

Thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 11:58am
post #4 of 9

bees are fun and so easy.. the ones I did had gumpaste wings.. just make a little round circle and squeeze between your fingers to make very thin and in a teardrop shape then attach the smaller end to the bee. Presto...wings, and dont forget to make the little pointy but like where theyre stinger is.. please posts pic..

jo0312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo0312 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:17pm
post #5 of 9

get onto debbie browns webpage you can see all her books with all the cakes in them in the 50 easy party cake book there is a bee hive cke with plenty of bees on it sooooo cute

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:41pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks wgoat5. I was wanting to try these and had the same question.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 12:50pm
post #7 of 9

Leaf gelatin is easy to find on-line if you have the time to wait for shipping. You could also make up some wire loops and melt down some knox gelatin and make gelatin wings by dipping the wire loops in the melted gelatin.. you can color it too.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 1:00pm
post #8 of 9

I put bees on an airbrushed cake I did and I just used fondant (white) and attached with Vodka to the back of the bees. They stayed on perfect even through transporting it to a neighbors house via foot. I don't have time for all the fancy stuff, so no mixing stuff with fondant for me. And it worked fine. But I'm also not in this as a business.

wgoat5 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you ALL soooo much for taking your time out to answer!!!

Christi
Have a wonderful day ya'll icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%