Christmas Mice

Decorating By Dale Updated 7 Dec 2006 , 8:48pm by txboog

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 13

If you need a nice idea for Christmas treats, take a look at the mice I did last year...super cute. Very very easy to make. Feel free to call them your own!
A photo is under My Photos, picture 5 I think. Pretty easy to see how they are made but I can post the recipe if needed, though there is not too much to it at all.
Dale

12 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 13

They are adorable ~ I made them last year too (thanks to the post Dale made about them) they are also on the Taste of Home site ( Taste of Home Mice instructions ) They were a HUGE hit everywhere I took them! I used the white chocolate covered oreos, and piped green and red buttercream for the holly instead of gels.

LucyintheSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LucyintheSky Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 13

My aunt made these last year for our Christmas celebration and she set them all around the cheese platters at the "snacks" table. They were a big hit with kids and adults alike!

katallan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katallan Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 13

These are also easy to make with the kids and grandkids. We have an assembly line going with the younger ones doing the eyes and ears! icon_biggrin.gif

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 13

Very cute!!! I'll have to make them with my boys this year!! Thanks!

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks for the encouragement - I'm getting ready to do these tonight! PAT

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 13

Wow Dale....I needed this. something fun and easy for our company Holiday Goodie day........appreciate your sharing!

BabyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyCakes2 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:08pm
post #8 of 13

They are cute and all but a little creepy with the red eyes

Loucinda Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:16pm
post #9 of 13

They're not so creepy if you do a little red nose too! (I used buttercream instead of gel) Here are the ones that I did on the white chocolate oreos.

pinkorchid50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkorchid50 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:19pm
post #10 of 13

I use white chocolate for the eyes.. I think with red they look like vampire mice..but still cute icon_lol.gif

kjb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjb Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:31pm
post #11 of 13

I actually can't wait to try these mice for the Holidays...My daughter had a cat party this year and we made them to go along with the theme... instead of the traditional oreo's I used the mint oreos and used purple flowers instead of holly berries...They were a big hit at the party. I think I will try using another color for the eye...do they make white kisses? hmmmm...now I have a mission....
LL

Loucinda Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:39pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Quote:

I use white chocolate for the eyes

I bet that would look better than the red! (but do they look like blind mice then??) icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

txboog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txboog Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:48pm
post #13 of 13

I use black icing for the eyes...the red is a little to scary for me too. icon_biggrin.gif

I can't wait to make these again this year!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%