Fbct Help?!?!

Decorating By Sugarbean Updated 6 Dec 2006 , 11:10pm by Sugarbean

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 8

What the heck did I do wrong?

Why are there lines in it icon_sad.gif Thanks. I hate FBCT so far. I'm embarassed to charge the customer for this one. icon_sad.gif

7 replies
rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 8

This also happened to me once but from then on i did the transfer exactly as i would have if i would have done it on the cake, so that i could see exacty what my finished transfer would look like. I think yours is an easy fix since its mostly white. Just pipe some buttercream over the creases and use a paintbrush to gently cover the cracks. It might take a while but it should look fine. Hope this helps.

Sugarbean Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 8

I phoned the customer. I told her I can't charge her. icon_sad.gif Oh well, live and learn right. I don't think I can "paint" it. I used WBH and it just makes a mess. icon_sad.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 8

I had lines the first time I played around with FBCT, and I think it was because my icing was a little too thick. It needs to be soft enough to sort of flow together when you push down on the back, so that the lines you fill the area with melt together.

RP

rosita6882 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 8

I luckly did this to a cake that was for my daughter so she didn't care as long as she got to eat it. Sorry this happend to you. If you look at my pics this happened to my strawberry shortcake cake and you cant even really tell.

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 10:18pm
post #6 of 8

I honestly think it looks alright! I mean credit cards have texture to them after they've been swipped so many times icon_wink.gif

rosita6882 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 8

By the way your cakes are beautiful.

Sugarbean Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 11:10pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks Rosita...

icon_smile.gif I solved the problem. I tried the paint brush and that just made a mess. SO......I took a knife too it, cut off the top 1" icon_lol.gif and re-did it.

I feel better now. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%