Cant Find!!!!

Decorating By Fawnwittwins Updated 5 Aug 2005 , 2:10am by stephanie214

Fawnwittwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fawnwittwins Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 8

I wanted to thank everone for all the wonderful ideas that I recieved. You all have helped me dearly with my twins 1 st birthday ideas, I still have one slight problem. I have not been able to find the pillars that this baker used in this picture. I also have not been able to find any characters that she used. Please give me any suggestion on where I might be able to find them.
I think that i am either going to do a 9,6 and them on top of the 6 i want to add 2 blocks for their smash cakes. How do you make a 3 block??
I might also do a 10,8,6 any suggestions.. I am a little confused but I still have some time because their party is not till Nov 19 Thanks so much!
LL

7 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 8

I have never seen pillars like this before. It looks to me like they are your regular Grecian pillars that have been piped over with maybe royal icing. Cute idea!

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 8

I may be mistaken, but tit almost looks like the pillars are just regular pillars covered in frosting. Sorruy I can't help with the figures though. I am also confused by the question "How do you make a 3 block?? " not sure what you are asking. Sorry couldn't be more help.

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 8

They aren't exactly the same, but you can get these through Sugarcraft.comImage

DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 8

This is a great site for supplies!
also try your local party store I have found cute figures for cakes there
Denise

http://thepartyworks.com/index.php

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 6:05am
post #6 of 8

I believe those pillars are regular pillars that she iced over with Blue Icing.

"How to make a 3 Block"
I am guessing you are wanting to know how to make a 3D block. I would suggest baking a 2" deep sheet cake then cut 4" x 4" squares out of it. Stack two squares together then you have a 4"x4"x4" cube. You could do this with 1.5" tall cake also. Just cut 3"x3" squares.

You will probably have to stack two layers to get a cube shape though. Just make sure you keep your squares in proportion to your heigth.

I hope that explination makes sense and I didn't confuse you to much. Let me know if I need to explain further.

Leily

loree001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loree001 Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 1:50am
post #7 of 8

They look like they could be Wilton's hidden pillars (6") with icing on them? I'm not sure...

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 2:10am
post #8 of 8

You can find some nice Sesame Street and Winnie the Pooh, etc characters @ the Dollar Store.

I agree, it looks like icing covering the pillars. You might think about making your own pillars with the separator plates. If you do make your own, just be sure to use the right type of bonding glue. I am doing the blocks that I saw in the Wilton Yearbook.

The characters that jgclucas posted can be found in Michaels.

Just love the cake, good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%