50 Th Birthday Cake Ideas Needed.

Decorating By topaz176 Updated 3 Oct 2007 , 11:47pm by Price

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 5

I was ask to do a large cake with the number 50 on it.
I never did this before.
Should I bake the 5+ 0 and put it un top a large Square cake?
All Ideas are surely welcome.

4 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 5

There are lots of options for putting 50 on a cake. Does the person actually want the cake to be the 50, or just have 50 on the cake? I personally like the cakes that have the numbers made from fondant/gumpaste or royal icing and they are standing up on the cake. Is the cake for a man or a woman and is there a theme? That would help us to give you suggestions.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 5

you could. I guess it depends on how much cake you actually need. Or you could just pipe the 50 onto the cake or cut out 50 from fondant or do a FBCT or a CT of 50. OR shape the cakes to look like 50 with out a cake beneath it. The possiblities are endless!

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price

There are lots of options for putting 50 on a cake. Does the person actually want the cake to be the 50, or just have 50 on the cake? I personally like the cakes that have the numbers made from fondant/gumpaste or royal icing and they are standing up on the cake. Is the cake for a man or a woman and is there a theme? That would help us to give you suggestions.

She wants a very large cake and a big 50 on top.
But I would like to give her different options too! (Please not too hard for me icon_eek.gif )

Any pictures would be also appreciated.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 5

My cake I made for my nieces 16th birthday has the 16 made from royal icing. It's in my photos if you want to take a look. It's one of my older cakes so it's toward the bottom of the page. It is a 3 tier cake with a firegirl on it. I liked how it looked with the fondant spirals. I looked at your cakes and it looks like you have done some nice FBCTs! You could do your 50 in a FBCT as merissa suggested. If you look in the galleries under the "Over the Hill cakes, you might get some good ideas also! Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do and be sure to post a picture. If I can help in anyway just send me a pm and I'll do my best. I'm definitely no expert, but willing to share the little that I know! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%