Barney Coloured Buttercream Icing

Business By Charmaine49 Updated 3 Oct 2007 , 3:39pm by Charmaine49

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 9

Is there anybody out there that could advise me on how to make buttercream icing the same colour as Barney??

Need to ice this cake for tomorrow night!

8 replies
susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 9

According to the Barney instructions it says to buy the Barney Icing Kit to get the proper purple or to mix Rose and Royal Blue to get it. icon_smile.gif
Hope this helps,
Susie

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 9

I have a color made by americolor called electric purple that is almost perfect. that is what i have always used.

CSMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSMoore Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 9

I would make a dark purple and add some red red color. Good luck.

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 9

I accidentally made a true Barney Purple fondant... I meant for a reddish purple (more red than purple) but it's barney. It's barney all over the place.

I used Wilton Chirstmas red- got it quite red, then added a touch of Violet, and BAM! Barney. Check my photos, latest cake, it's the purple one, it's more purpley-pink in the pic, but the fondant roses are more barney-ish.

HTH

Charmaine49 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 10:07pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks to you all for your info!!

Krazykat - had a look at your cake....damn, but if that is not dead on a barney colour, thanks for the advice!!

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 9:53am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdybear1978

I have a color made by called electric purple that is almost perfect. that is what i have always used.

I see you are also from SA. I have not seen Americolor around here but I have seen Spectrum gell pastes and there is a colour called 'electric purple'.

HTH

dreamcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakes Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 10:16am
post #8 of 9

I would also use Americolor " Electric Purple" it's the closest color i have seen to barney's color yet.. The color should be available at some cake specialty stores.

Charmaine49 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 3:39pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks guys!! I have made and iced the cake, will be putting onto site shortly. I took photos of the cake before I put Smarties between the borders,
wanted to put candies (that I made) but the gran thought Smarties would be better for the kiddies.

Once again, thanks for all the info, one can always rely on you all for a quick response to any question.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%