Just Had To Tell Ya'll

Decorating By morphis1208 Updated 8 Dec 2006 , 4:01pm by Steady2Hands

morphis1208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphis1208 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 22

I'm so excited. I got my first KitchenAid last night from my dh for Christmas. I know it's early but I already knew what it was so he gave it to me. I'm super excited. I'm already thinking of things to make today. It's going to be a great day for baking. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

21 replies
jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 22

congratulations on your new addition! icon_biggrin.gif
i got a new KA awhile ago... it's AWESOME! cakeing will never be the same icon_smile.gif

SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 22

Girl you are now in for hours and hours of happy baking!! I dearly love my kitchen aid!!! I have two now. One is a classic and the other is a 6 qt heavy duty!! I must admit I use my original classic the most!!! Give that dh a big kiss!! He is the bomb!!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 22

Yes, my kitchen aid is my most used appliance! And now that you have it -- it has accessories you can buy!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

morphis1208 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:05pm
post #5 of 22

I know I'm excited about the attachements to, whats the most common one in your opinion? I'm kind of thinking about the pasta one but I'm not sure.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 22

I have several of them but not the pasta machine -- that's my next investment! You can use it with fondant and gumpaste!! (Oh and pasta too I guess!) icon_smile.gif

luvincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvincake Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 22

I love my KA, I just talked my brother into buying his wife one. I went to use my hand mixer to help out with all my holiday baking. What a joke. The KA was 10x's faster. Happy Baking.

Ann

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 22

Yippeeeeeeee! thumbs_up.gif

More power to you ~~~~~ literally icon_biggrin.gif .

You're gonna love it!

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 22

Ages ago, I split up with my fiance'. I sold all of the jewelry he gave me, but kept the Kitchen Aid! Eleven years later, my KA is still going strong, and I'm with a truly wonderful man, to boot!
Enjoy your gift!

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:20pm
post #10 of 22

Congratulations! What shall you name her? (or him)

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:21pm
post #11 of 22

You are going to fall in love with you new KA. I had a 4 qt size and sold it for a 5 qt and love it. I have yet to use all the attachments. I'm going to order another bowl as well.

morphis1208 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:26pm
post #12 of 22

Oh yeah, let me tell you the best part. My DH with much reluctence told me how much he paid for it, only because I didn't want him getting screwed. He bought it at Best Buy on sale for $149.00 It's the 300 watt ultra power mixer. I don't know about you guys but I have never seen one this cheap even Walmarts cheapest is $200.00. So not only did he get me the best Christmas gift ever he got it on sale which is even better. icon_biggrin.gif

ang_ty95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ang_ty95 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:32pm
post #13 of 22

I've been baking for 10 years with a $10 hand mixer that I replaced 2 or 3 times and finally last Christmas my mom said since I've baked over 100 cakes and really into this hobby she'll get me a KA! I tell you it was the best present ever! (next to my kids of course) Since Dec. 2005 my kitchen has never been the same - I use my KA each week and and do so much more baking now - cookies, cakes, bread and now I even mash potoatoes or rather whip potatoes. In addition, KA has given me so much more time on my hands. It's costly and heavy but the best investment ever. Now I just want to get a bigger bowl to hold more cake mix. Boy did I just sound like a commercial or what?

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 2:34pm
post #14 of 22

..there is no stopping you now! Congrats and enjoy!

morphis1208 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 3:02pm
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

Congratulations! What shall you name her? (or him)

Hmmm...

I'm thinking maybe Helga. Sounds like a strong womanly name to me. LOL icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 1:31am
post #16 of 22

I think my son is going to buy me a KA for Christmas. Please hold thumbs for me that he does. My old cake mixer went to mixer heaven a while ago & I have been using a hand held one for some time now. I'm very confident about it as he told me to take it off my wish list.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 5:55am
post #17 of 22

I bought a 325 watt Heavy Duty KA on clearance a few years ago for about $100 and it's still in it's original unopened box.

Can everyone tell me what's so great about it? I'm very attached to my hand mixer and use it for everything.... icon_rolleyes.gif Am I from the stone age? Tell me what I'm missing. I like my counter space and don't want a bulky appliance taking up precious space.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 8:23am
post #18 of 22

Why don't you at least give it a try & you will see why we love our mixers. I have really missed my old mixer, it was a Hamilton Beach & not nearly as powerful as the KA, but it still did a good job. When I lived in Africa I had a Kenwood, that was an awesome machine, I gave it to my daughter when we left there & she is still using it. It is now 32 years old.

CajunDaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CajunDaisy Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 1:01pm
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug

I bought a 325 watt Heavy Duty KA on clearance a few years ago for about $100 and it's still in it's original unopened box.

Can everyone tell me what's so great about it? I'm very attached to my hand mixer and use it for everything.... icon_rolleyes.gif Am I from the stone age? Tell me what I'm missing. I like my counter space and don't want a bulky appliance taking up precious space.

I used to feel the same way. I was actually afraid to use my KA when my husband bought it for me. I was used to my hand mixer and I was content....... Well now I cannot imagine using anything else but my KA. It is amazing. I have used it for so many things, baking, cooking, and even for awesome mashed potatoes! I have a very small kitchen but it gets used so much I dont mind it on my counter.

Ishi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ishi Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 1:04pm
post #20 of 22

Just got mine a couple months ago. Don't know how I *ever* lived without it! Congrats and Merry Christmas to you!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 1:14pm
post #21 of 22

GOOD FOR YOU! My cousin and I got our KA's the same year for Christmas from our kids and we use them for EVERYTHING!! We've made bread, candy, pasta and cakes and still have MUCH MORE to do!
ME-R-R-Y CHRISTMAS!!

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 4:01pm
post #22 of 22

Hi Tug ~ "attached" is the key word. When I got my KA I felt so free. Rather than standing in one place mixing, and mixing, and mixing, and mixing, and mixing................(yawn) and mixing, and mixing .....okay, you get the idea. I wasted so much time "attached" to my mixer.

My most favorite feature of the KA is that I can get so much done while the KA is doing all the work. That's usually when I clean up, or prepare my pans, or anything else I can be doing while the KA is mixing.

Whew ~ I feel better already icon_biggrin.gif .

Please open the box and enjoy you KA. Try it. I believe you'll love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%