I Hate Red!

Decorating By mami2sweeties Updated 2 Oct 2007 , 2:10pm by FromScratch

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to do a cake for an anniversary. I hate red. I just know I am going to fight getting things to be red especially gumpaste. I know in my area I will not find red luster dust for the flowers. Maybe they will be ok with red buttercream. I would rather struggle making a red rose but in buttercream. I have a hard time make rose buds but can make roses in a snap.

Anyone ever use Chef Master colors? That is what I have to work with for now.

3 replies
chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 4

Hiya mami
I use the chefmaster colors at work all the time.
Here's how I get red....
I first dye the icing with the "bakers rose" and then I'll put in some of the "holiday red" If it's still too pink I'll add just a teenie weenie bit of yellow. But I usually don't have too and I get a lovely fire engine red from this combo.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 4

Americolor Super Red does the trick! Just did a Spiderman cake and had no difficulty at all achieving the red color. Make sure to color your BC the night before to develop the deep red that you need. HTH.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 4

I use Americolor Super Red too.. it gets the job done! You might want to just buy some red Satin Ice fondant and add some CMC to it. for the gumpaste flowers. The CMC will make it easier to work with and dry faster too. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%