An Idea For Displaying Cookies

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 9 Oct 2007 , 1:30pm by JenWith

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:17pm
post #1 of 10

I came up with this idea while looking for a way to display my cookies at a competition. I used a picture frame that I got at a deep discount (11X14 for $5). I painted the frame the colors I wanted, then covered a piece of cardboard with a piece of a plastic tablecloth. Taped the covered board into the frame using duct tape (it was late...looking for something quick!). I displayed the cookies on this, and it worked great! Cheaper than a covered cake drum, and modified to match my theme exactly!

9 replies
ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 10

That sounds like a really great idea! icon_smile.gif

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 10

Can you post pictures of this? Sounds like a GREAT idea!

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 10

I would love to post pictures. I'm trying to find someone who can help me figure out how to re-size the photos to fit the requirements for posting. The cookie display I ended up with was for the show theme of "Home is where the heart is." I made a large, curved yellow brick road cookie. On top of that I placed 3D cookies of Dorothy, Tin Man, Lion, and Scarecrow. Standing up behind them is a rainbow cookie. In the center where the "road" curved was a large heart cookie with the saying "There's no place like home." Everything was placed on the green board that was framed by the picture frame that I painted black with gold trim. I thought it looked great! It took a blue ribbon, too!

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 10

If you go to www.shrinkpictures.com, you can resize your pictures there. Easy to do.

HTH

GeminiRJ Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks, JenWith! I'll give this a try this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed I can figure it out!

GeminiRJ Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 10

JenWith...The link to shrinking the pictures worked fantatstic, and I was able to upload a number of pictures of cookies I've had for the past couple months. Thank you for making it possible for me to post the pictures!

jojo0676 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo0676 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:28pm
post #8 of 10

GeminiRJ,
I am making some halloween cookies and was going to try out Toba's glace. I haev a few questions for you since you use it for your cookies. Does it need to be refrigerated? Can I freeze the cookies for approx. 2 weeks, thaw well and serve? TIA.

Mary Jo

GeminiRJ Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 12:37pm
post #9 of 10

The icing does not need to be refrigerated. I'm told the high sugar content keeps the milk from spoiling. I've refrigerated it prior to using it on cookies, as this just keeps it fresher. I've been told that you shouldn't freeze or refrigerate the decorated cookie, but you could try one just to see how it does. The only problem I had with refrigerating a decorated cookie with Toba's is that the icing would get cloudy and splotchy. That problem is reduced by using the brite white food color when you mix up the icing. Let me know if you have nay other questions.

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 1:30pm
post #10 of 10

GeminiRJ-
I'm so glad I could help! Now I have to go check out your pictures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%