Pudding In The Mix

Baking By Evone Updated 4 Oct 2007 , 1:14pm by darandon

Evone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evone Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:58am
post #1 of 8

Okay this may sound dumb, but when you put pudding in the cake mix do you mix the pudding first and then add it to the mix? Like do you make the pudding with all the milk and then add it or do you just pour the box of pudding in dry??? I hear about pudding all the time and finally got up enough nerve to ask the question, so try not to laugh to hard and tell me the answer to the question that has kept me up at night...LOL Thanks everyone

7 replies
woodyfam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodyfam Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:04pm
post #2 of 8

Don't feel dumb. This has been asked by others, myself included. Just add one box of instant pudding directly to the mix, don't add anything else extra.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 8

I've only made this once and added the dry mix to the dry cake mix, etc.
No, I did NOT make the pudding first. Just add the dry to the cake mix. What I did find though is that the cake took much longer to bake and it did extend the amount, but I'm just not sure if it's that much better.
You be the judge.
And NO, there is no stupid question on CC!!!! That's what all of us are here for. I am no expert, but occassionally I do have an answer and always have questions!!

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 8

I always include a dry pudding mix into my batter- even if the box says there's already pudding in the cake mix. The effect is outstanding!! I definately think it makes all the difference in the world!

Happy Baking!!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 8

imakecakes,
Do you ONLY add the pudding mix?
Or do you add other additives as well?

DMCG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DMCG Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 1:01pm
post #6 of 8

Do any of you add pudding mix to a scratch cake? I've often wondered if I did this how would I know how much to add etc. Also have any of you used the sugar free puddings in your baking?icon_confused.gif

Danielle

Evone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evone Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:47am
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone and thanks you for not making me out stupid. I guess I just don't get how this would help to make the cake more moist. So you don't add anything else just the pudding and it magically becomes moister??? Like you don't add more water or milk???? HUH... Weird but I will give it a try. Thank you all again your wonderfulicon_biggrin.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 1:14pm
post #8 of 8

I usually try to match my pudding mix to my cake and I replace the water with 1/2 & 1/2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%