Okay....i Am Desperate For Help! :cry:

Decorating By girltrapped Updated 4 Dec 2006 , 7:11pm by Eliza

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 12

I have a birthday cake to do for my daughter who is turning 4 on the 12th. It will have to feed about 40 people. I somewhat have this cake under control. The problem is I also have (want) to do a small "personal" cake for my nephew who will be at my daughters birthday party on his actual birthday...AND I have been asked if I can "squeeze" a cake to serve 50 for an LDS/Mormon baptism. When are these due....SATURDAY! icon_eek.gif

Please help me with ideas for my 17 year old nephews cake, and the baptism cake. The baptism cake is for a man in his 20's who is joining the church.

Thanks in advance...I'm going to the corner now to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb until I get some responses... thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 12

What does your nephew like?

Try going through the galleries!! There are many fabulous ideas there.

Get out of the fetal position,be a big girl and search this site.

You are sure to find something you can do!! thumbs_up.gif

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHATEFONDANT

Get out of the fetal position

lmao!!! yes honey look around the site and you shall find tons of inspiration!!!!

For the baptisim you could do a very simple sheet cake with cross' or something on it, you could do the cross pan, if you don't have access to the pan you could cut a sheet cake into a cross.... you could do a simple "Congratulations on your Baptisim _____" I'm terrible with words so that's not too religious lol....

your nephew.... 17 years old... probably into cars pretty big or maybe video games? Could do a Too Fast Too Furious type thing with a race track ontop of a sheet cake and a few match box race cars..... could also fit into the theme of video games with all the racing games they have now... can you tell I do alot of sheet cakes? lmao also have a 35 year old going on 10 year old husband that loves for video games lmao and a 7 year old daughter and all my step kids are 14 and under so no help with the teen thing sorry icon_sad.gif

Maybe since he's 17 you could do a naughty cake for him? Hire him a stripper for the cost of a cake mix lmao icon_wink.gif Lots of ideas for an older teen but may not fit for your family. icon_smile.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 12

You can do this!! I agree...do some searching in the galleries under the christening/baptism cakes. For your nephew, maybe something simple in chocolate or as suggested, go with an interest of his. Does he have a favorite sports team you can do something with?

Good luck!!
Angie

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 12

For you nephew go simple. I have one in my photos that takes about 30 minutes to decorate, it is the chocolate square one with the cookies on the side. It is so simple and yummy. For the baptism I would check the galleries and just remember simple!

girltrapped Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks for the responses!

When I go into the galleries and try to search I get a message saying it's being worked on and to check back soon. Does anyone else get this? icon_confused.gif

I have looked all over in the galleries without the search feature and there are so many cakes to try and get through I'm getting frustrated.

The problem I am having with the LDS/Mormon baptism cake is they don't use the cross symbol at all. Any LDS members out there that have done baptism cakes?

girltrapped Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalhoun

For you nephew go simple. I have one in my photos that takes about 30 minutes to decorate, it is the chocolate square one with the cookies on the side. It is so simple and yummy. For the baptism I would check the galleries and just remember simple!

Excellent idea! What kind of cookies are those? icon_cool.gif

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by girltrapped

Thanks for the responses!

When I go into the galleries and try to search I get a message saying it's being worked on and to check back soon. Does anyone else get this? icon_confused.gif

I have looked all over in the galleries without the search feature and there are so many cakes to try and get through I'm getting frustrated.

The problem I am having with the LDS/Mormon baptism cake is they don't use the cross symbol at all. Any LDS members out there that have done baptism cakes?

I have done a couple of LDS baptism cakes before. I did fondant in all white with fondant roses. I also did one with the wilton book pan, one side had a floral arrangment in BC and the other side I piped a verse from the Book of Mormon the family had requested. Hope that helps.

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:01pm
post #9 of 12

Those are pirouette cookies by Pepperidge farms. I've used them before and they work great. A little pricey though! For the baptism you could do a CTR cake. Maybe in the shape of the shield or just have CTR in nice letters on top. A CTR chocolate or buttercream transfer would be easy and you could write congratulations on your baptism next to it.

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:05pm
post #10 of 12

When my 22-year-old son became Catholic and was baptised, I did a cross all in BC. Chocolate roses and an ivory background, it's in my photos.

You may also want to read this forum regarding problems with searches and what they were able to figure out about it.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-515879.html#515879

Good luck.

rayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rayven Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:08pm
post #11 of 12

girltrapped...misterc has the right idea for your cake. Most baptism cakes you will find will be for children or other faiths, so keep it simple.

I noticed that you live in Idaho Falls, so it's good to see a CC member from my neck of the woods!

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:11pm
post #12 of 12

I did a search on baptism cakes in the gallaries.
Here is the link. HTH.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=search&type=full&search=baptism

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%