What's It Called And How To Make It?

Decorating By CarolAnn Updated 7 Feb 2005 , 4:04pm by CarolAnn

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 7 Feb 2005 , 3:52am
post #1 of 5

Hi, What do you call the lacy looking squiggle on cakes. I've heard it's one continuous thread of icing. I'm interested in learning it. Is there a how to page here someplace?
Thanks in advance!

4 replies
cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 7 Feb 2005 , 4:14am
post #2 of 5

I am not sure how to do it but i think it is called cornelli lace.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 7 Feb 2005 , 4:19am
post #3 of 5

cakeconfections is right...it sounds like cornelli lace. I'v done this a couple times. I used a 3 tip but you can use a smaller size if you want it more delicate. Then you pipe one continous line that never crosses or touches itself...looks like your making loose R's or S'. Here a link to Wilton's directions


GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 7 Feb 2005 , 8:10am
post #4 of 5

There's two different kinds. The one that is easier because it is just squiggly and touches itself is called Sotas


The one that is more detailed, being one continuous line that does not touch itself, does not cross over itself, and does not break is called cornelli


CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 7 Feb 2005 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the quick response!! I knew I could count on you!! This is the greatest place. I'll go check that out now and just may use it later today. I'm itchin to make a just because cake.
Thanks again,

Quote by @%username% on %date%